What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick came up from the basement yesterday with country style ribs and asked if I could thaw them for dinner as he really didn't want chicken.

So tonight I'm doing the chicken that I didn't do last night. Chicken with a cranberry sauce, green beans, and a bit of coleslaw. I just finished making rice pudding with raisins for dessert. And I made mint iced tea that's now in the fridge. Sounds good to me.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were a couple of burgers left from last night,and I made a yummy gravy with all the goodies (minus the fat) from the pan,fixed some rice that had carrot,celery,onion and garlic in it,and he had gravy on his rice and burger both,and I made carrot salad that was wonderful! It's becoming a favorite of ours for sure!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled hot dogs in toaster oven, served on toasted bun with line of mustard. Carrots, green peas, pearl onions. Potato pancakes made from instant potato flakes, milk, beaten egg, flour, baking powder. Beaten well then cooked in cast iron frying pan with a small drizzle of oil, small patties browned, flipped, browned, served up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was waffles. Jazzie went to Sam's Club yesterday (she goes once a month), and she brought me a box of eight Marie Calendar's chicken pot pies, so one of those for dinner!

Call me nuts...I actually like the crusts on the cheap banquet ones better, but OH MY, those big chunks of white meat chicken and hunks of potatoes and carrots in Marie's!!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were busy yesterday. And on our jaunts to various places, we stopped in at our local cheese place for some baby Swiss. Makes the best toasted cheese sandwiches. And that's what we had for dinner last night.

I'm making cheeseburger pizza tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I would sell my eye teeth for a hamburger, complete with lettuce, tomato, and sauce, and some fries! And an icy Pepsi. That being said, I have a chicken breast in marinade for the day. I'll do it in NFG, slice it, and throw it over a salad. With the same sauce I'd put on the burger.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be waffles. Dinner will be Swedish meatballs and pasta.

What I WANT is a steak and a baked potato. With a small side salad. But I can feed myself for four days on what that would cost.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad & I went to a new vegan cafe about 40 minutes away. He actually liked the vegan cheese on his omelet! I liked my vegan egg sammich, but the english muffin was too small and it broke! It was good though, had spinach, tomato, avocado, and everything seasoning. Next time I would ask if they could make it on their homemade bread toasted. I will definitely go there again! Everything on their menu sounds fabulous. Glad to have a vegan restaurant finally!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our son and daughter in law came and took us out for breakfast this morning to a place here in town,and they had a really nice buffet set up that was really yummy ( a nice selection too).If we do have dinner,it'll be chipotle raspberry bbq grilled pork chops,I have plenty of latkes left and buttered peas.Neither one of us is very hungry right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.