What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We have a gift card to a local pizzeria; it's about three years old, so hopefully, it's still good. I had kept it in the Tucson in case we ever got into town and felt like a pizza. Rick wants hoagies/subs/grinders/whatever you want to call them, and we're going to be in town, so that works. And I don't have to cook tonight. Win-win.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama --If you try tofu, you should try the marinated kind at the grocery store in the refrigerated produce section! I love it so much. It's marinated and precooked and tastes so much better than regular. You only have to heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds if you want. The regular tofu I have to cook forever to get it tasting good. I threw this on a sammich today on 2 huge slices of bakery toasted Italian bread. I forget which store I got the bread at. I love huge bread.
1680382335321.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I haven't been posting here, as my meals seem to be same old, same old, all the time.
Like tonight, slow cooker lentil soup and french bread.

I did have something different the other day, though, when I had some hummus and avocado I had to use up.
Googled and found Hummus and Avocado Toast, which was absolutely delicious.
Hummus and Avocado Toast

rubysmama rubysmama --If you try tofu, you should try the marinated kind at the grocery store in the refrigerated produce section! I love it so much. It's marinated and precooked and tastes so much better than regular. You only have to heat it up in the microwave for 30 seconds if you want. The regular tofu I have to cook forever to get it tasting good. I threw this on a sammich today on 2 huge slices of bakery toasted Italian bread. I forget which store I got the bread at. I love huge bread.
View attachment 446927
I can't say I've even seen marinated tofu in any of our stores, but haven't really look either. So will make a point of checking next time I'm out. Thanks for the suggestion.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I did have something different the other day, though, when I had some hummus and avocado I had to use up. Googled and found Hummus and Avocado Toast, which was absolutely delicious.
I make avocado toast with hummus for lunch or dinner. I also add thin slices of zucchini, tomato and whatever color pepper I have on hand, top it off with spinach leaves and swiss cheese which is optional. You may want to try it this way, just a suggestion.

I had Asian food Monday night when meeting friends for dinner but I thought the food was just so-so. Even the fortune cookies were stale and tasteless. So we're ordering out from one of our favorite Asian restaurants tonight and I know we'll have plenty of tasty leftovers. 👍

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight will either be more of the lentil soup, or egg sandwich. Leaning towards the egg sandwich, as I think I'll have the soup for lunch.

I make avocado toast with hummus for lunch or dinner. I also add thin slices of zucchini, tomato and whatever color pepper I have on hand, top it off with spinach leaves and swiss cheese which is optional. You may want to try it this way, just a suggestion.
That combo sounds good too. Now that I know hummus and avocado are compatible, I'll be trying different versions of it on toast.

Will have to try to remember to look next time I'm at Walmart. I actually went to another grocery store this AM, and forgot to look for marinated tofu. :doh:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick didn't feel like going into town yesterday, so he ran down to a local pizza place for hoagies there. Not as far and much quicker. We still have our gift certificate for another time.

I'm doing a Cornish hen in the NFG. We'll split it, although Rick will probably take a teeny leg and give the rest to me. Because....chicken. Not sure about sides yet, thinking about baked Hasselback potatoes in the NFG, too, but we have applesauce cake for dessert.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A rather disappointing dinner of breaded shrimp and cucumber salad. I had high hopes for the shrimp which are a new frozen Red Lobster product. They were breaded with crushed lobster bay biscuits and that sounded delicious. Unfortunately even baked a little longer than suggested they were mushy with an odd taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.