What's For Dinner? - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cool! I found my people! I was vegan for 7 years but recently switched to a vegetarian diet
Glad you found us. We also have a Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle thread, though it's not very active.

Yes! I'm also a registered clinical dietitian so if you have any questions about your diet go ahead and ask me anything! always happy to help :heartshape:
No questions I can think of right now. But curious to see what you eat, so hope you'll post some of what you have for dinners in this thread.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Cool! I found my people! I was vegan for 7 years but recently switched to a vegetarian diet
The more the merrier! :thumbsup: I've been vegetarian for 13 years.

Tonight I'm having broccoli, cauliflower and falafel. Honeycrisp apple for dessert. DH is having chicken kiev with wild rice and salad, obviously he's not vegetarian. 😉

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to your post. I became a vegetarian in 1959. Then went vegan for 17 years and then went back to being vegetarian 8 years ago. What made you decide to switched from vegan to vegetarian?

Tonight I had a stir fry and a cucumber salad.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that would be a no. :lol:
You don't put ketchup on eggs over there in Canada?! 😲

Will be much warmer today though.
Yeah, a whole 7 degrees! That's really warm! :lol:

Lunch and Dinner was just veggie sammiches with all the fixins. We bought dad a new bread maker, but his bread still turned out rock hard. Wonder what he did wrong.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sunday night, we ended up with soup and muffins.
We went out to breakfast yesterday, so I didn't cook last night.

Tonight will be pork chops with onions and 'shrooms, parsleyed potatoes, and green beans. I have an apple pie thawing a bit on the counter before I throw it into the oven.

catlikesbusiness

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to your post. I became a vegetarian in 1959. Then went vegan for 17 years and then went back to being vegetarian 8 years ago. What made you decide to switched from vegan to vegetarian?

Tonight I had a stir fry and a cucumber salad.
I switched to veganism for ethical and environmental reasons, I was very comfortable with this style of eating, but my bowels were reacting badly to such amounts of legumes and fiber. I was getting to the point where I was consuming 70/80 grams of fiber a day, which also contributed to reduced absorption of other nutrients, such as iron. I was also concerned about my intake of calcium, selenium, iodine and omega-3 fatty acids.

Now I feel better and don't have to worry as much about potential deficiencies, but I still supplement daily with vitamin B12, D3 and omega 3 acids

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our oldest stopped by because she had some things to do out this way and she requested veggie chili. Even though I recently made it for DH and myself I don't mind making it again especially since she loves it and suggested adding fresh mushrooms. DH likes it over brown rice but our daughter and I will have it over spinach leaves.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tofu noodles
That looks amazing!

I'm sure some people here in Canada put ketchup on eggs, but the idea doesn't appeal to me.
Ketchup belongs on eggs!

I had a veggie sammich on dad's homemade bread toasted, 2TB great value stone ground mustard on one side, 2TB mayo on the other, gouda cheese, onions, heated up black beans & vegetarian crumbles, guacamole.

Sounds like a weird combo, but it was actually good for a change! Heating up the beans made a real difference I think.

Dad didn't like the bread maker I got him. He wanted a vertical one, so that's what I got, but he said the pan was too short. 😭
Amazon.com: Amazon Basics 2 Pound Non-Stick Bread Making Machine, White: Home & Kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.