What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I am hungry for is pancakes so that will be my dinner. Some weeks back I posted about accidentally buying horrible tasting “Lite” Log Cabin syrup. I received coupons from the company after I contacted them and so I decided to try a more expensive Log Cabin syrup, Log Cabin All Natural. Really really good. This is what all Log Cabin syrup used to taste like, thin with a strong maple taste. It’s almost twice as expensive as their regular syrup but well worth it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I am hungry for is pancakes so that will be my dinner. Some weeks back I posted about accidentally buying horrible tasting “Lite” Log Cabin syrup. I received coupons from the company after I contacted them and so I decided to try a more expensive Log Cabin syrup, Log Cabin All Natural. Really really good. This is what all Log Cabin syrup used to taste like, thin with a strong maple taste. It’s almost twice as expensive as their regular syrup but well worth it.
I actually made pancakes tonight as well. Put peanut butter on J's and maple syrup on mine. Also made some bacon to go with.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've been hungry for pancakes and sausage.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I really like our egg rings. Makes beautiful eggs for English muffins. McD's has nothing on us!

Pizza tonight. I liked our hoagie pizza so much the other night that I'm doing it again. Rick wants sauce and pepperoni, so we're doing a half-and-half pizza. We'll do it outside on the grill in the pizza oven.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I got tired of all the artificial maple syrups, many years ago. I just stopped using it. When I looked at the ingredients I found it was high fructose corn syrup with added artificial maple flavoring.

It was during Covid, I had a lot of GI issues. I was put on a strict diet, which eliminated many foods. One was artificial sweeteners. I tried Pure Maple Syrup! What a difference! I am a true believer!
A few years ago, I discovered I was sensitive to high fructose corn syrup.. so I guess that sometimes, our body tells us thing sin different ways.

Real maple syrup is expensive, but it is natural, and well worth it. Now, that is all I use as a sweetener. I really like the flavor of it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm still looking for a good locally made maple syrup. I could buy the one I had been using directly from the sugar house online but it's expensive plus there's a shipping cost. I'll have to check the farmer's markets.

Leftovers tonight. I'm trying to clean out my fridge before Saturday when the new fridge arrives.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Log Cabin All Natural
Is it real maple syrup? I never had real maple syrup until I was an adult, now that's the only kind I like.

Put peanut butter on J's and maple syrup on mine.
J can't have syrup yet? The little 2 year old I watch on Facebook eats syrup. They even let her make her own pancakes the other day! She had a little measuring scoop and poured it on the griddle thingy. I was impressed.

I really like our egg rings.
Are they a pain to wash though?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J can't have syrup yet? The little 2 year old I watch on Facebook eats syrup. They even let her make her own pancakes the other day! She had a little measuring scoop and poured it on the griddle thingy. I was impressed.
She can, and I did let her have a little of mine, I just try to limit her sweets some. And we were out of town for the holiday weekend and didn't eat especially healthy, so I was feeling guilty and wanting something more healthy in her.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it real maple syrup? I never had real maple syrup until I was an adult, now that's the only kind I like.

Are they a pain to wash though?
No, not pure maple syrup, but it has “all natural flavors” in it so I suspect it is at least part maple syrup. The texture is certainly closer to maple than regular syrup.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
When I hiked the Appalachia trail several years ago, we ended in a little town in Vermont. There was a store with several local items including some maple syrup. The jars were so small, and the syrup was lighter than what I was used to seeing. But OMG, it was fantastic! Now I always check the label for the real deal.

I have no idea what ’m having for dinner, but it will probably involve using up the last of the Costco chicken sitting in the fridge.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been hungry for pancakes and sausage.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 I really like our egg rings. Makes beautiful eggs for English muffins. McD's has nothing on us!
I have a couple of silicone egg rings too. I think the eggs cook more evenly when they are contained and it is certainly easier to flip them over.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Log Cabin is not maple syrup because it is not 100% real maple syrup. It is pancake or table syrup.
Oh, I've had brown rice syrup before, maybe even that one, it looks familiar. It was really good. I don't like the cheap corn syrup ones anymore though.

Made some buttered spaghetti noodles
Any seasoning or grated cheese on it? Or just butter?

Lunch: I had that other Taco Bell Vegetarian Black Bean Crunchwrap Supreme. Put Sriracha Sauce on it, since dad the piggy hogged all my Fire Sauce!

Dinner: Leftover Veggie Soup with Cornbread, crumbled Aldi Black Bean Veggie Burger, and melted cheese on it, garlic parsley salt, crushed red pepper.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was pizza rolls. Diner will be Swedish meatballs.

I keep maple syrup on hand. I don't use it for pancakes and such...the budget won't let me, but I do make a maple glaze for my walnut pound cake that is to DIE for.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't a clue. Some days, my biggest problem is deciding what to make for dinner. I overbaked the pizza last night. Oh, it was still good, but I hate a crispy crust. Bleah It was just another hoagie pizza.

I have another dough ball that I just kept in the fridge. I don't know, maybe a small stromboli. Thankfully, Rick likes pizza stuff as much as I do. It's just that it's hot, it's sticky, and I just don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.