What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure, again, nothing on the menu is screaming at me.

If I feel up to it, I may just get a plain 1/2 baked chicken breast, and put it in a sand of mine.. I have to make the salad.. I will use the chicken as protein for today and tomorrow.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ended up with hoagies last night.

Tonight will be BBQed chicken thighs with hasselback potatoes and stuffed tomatoes, all staggered around in the NFG. Start with the potatoes, then the chicken, then the tomatoes. It'll work.

The last order I did from Dakin Farms (before food prices went crazy) included a half-gallon of Vermont maple syrup. I use it a lot in baking (corn bread, breads, cookies, etc.) and I don't know that I could sub pancake syrup for it. In the fridge, it will last forever. Grade A Dark.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a Swiss cheese and mayo sandwich, dill pickle slices on DKB bread and some Amy's organic quinoa, kale and red lentril soup. The soup was delicious but a little too spicy for my taste.

Tonight I had brussel sprouts and 3 chicken tenders with honey mustard.

I need a brake from the dinning room. The silverware is just plain dirty.

Tomorrow I will probably have Chinese delivered.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was chicken Alfredo with broccoli and pasta. Actually, my lunches have become a rotation of pizza rolls, bitty nuggets, Alfredo, Chunky chicken pot pie soup, repeat. I like them, they are dead easy, and don't leave me aching when it is time to get dinner. I'd probably do JUST the pizza rolls and bitty nuggets, but Spawn 1 would raise Cain with me about eating better.

Dinner will be some sort of baked chicken with a sauce, rice, and green beans. I forget what the sauce is, but I've had it before, and it was quite satisfactory. Nothing to write home about, but decent and filling. That's all I ask.

I think that Sunday I'll bake a caramel apple cake. Not really the right season for it, it's mostly something I do in the fall, but I'm really craving it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Remember that chicken last night? Didn't happen. We got invited to a neighbor's child's 4th birthday party. Rick went over; I did not. I don't do crowds easily, esp when there's a lot of people I don't know. I would have just sat there like a lump on a log. And completely froze. Anyway, he had cupcakes and ice cream (and all kinds of junk) and didn't really want dinner. He finished off his hoagie from Friday night. I finished off the pizza from Thursday night. And that was dinner.

Doing the chicken today! With potato salad instead of the Hasselback potatoes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I had quinoa veggie melange with falafel. Not sure about tonight, we keep talking about going to a favorite little hole in the wall restaurant for burritos but haven't gone yet. The owner is never there on Sunday and he makes the best burritos so we may hold off until another day. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.