What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! How did you & J like the Thousand Island Dressing? That is my absolute favorite.

I just had some leftover veggie soup with cornbread and melted Gouda cheese in it.
I thought it was pretty hood. Not sure how the dressing they made me make compares to store bought, ingredient wise.

Honestly J mostly ate tomatoes and cheese, so I think she only had a bit of the dressing.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="maggiedemi, post: 5548425, member: 119711]

I just had some leftover veggie soup with cornbread and melted Gouda cheese in it.
[/QUOTE]

That sounds delicious. My mother used to make home made vegetable soup with cornbread.

They only had tator tots and corn on the cob on the menu for me last night. I passed on the tator tots and asked for 2 pieces of the corn. They buy the small frozen Green Giant corn on the cob and I love it. The lady that was sitting across from me gave me her corn and I was in pig heaven. They have been having very little on the menu for me to eat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't do crowds easily, esp when there's a lot of people I don't know. I would have just sat there like a lump on a log.
I'm with you. If we're ever at the same party, I'll be the one in the bedroom, discussing current events with the family cat. You're more than welcome to join us!

Let's see now...I have no IDEA. Lunch is still about 17 hours away (I'm up late because I have to make several business calls). However, this past night, lunch was biscuits and sausage gravy and dinner was beef stew. Very tasty. It's my Mom's Meals week, and I always enjoy that. Not enough salt and pepper, but that's an easy fix, and typical with mass prepared meals.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight since I haven't done that in awhile and it's too hot to turn on the oven. Scrambled eggs with chopped veggies and cinnamon toast. The last of the raspberries for dessert with a dark chocolate almond butter cup. DH is planning to have a turkey burger sandwich with baked potato.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
6 ounce hamburgers seared in a cast iron frying pan - even with mesh cover they made a mess of the stove but were really done just right. Served each one on a lightly toasted onion pocket roll with a smear of ketchup. Baked russet potatoes in toaster over - they were huge so we shared one - with Smart Balance mashed in.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed at breakfast yesterday that they were having "Classic Lasagna" for lunch. I asked the server if she would ask the cook if I could get some lasagna without meat for lunch. The cook said she would see what she could do. At lunch the server brough me a plate full of "veggy lasagna". It was delicious. It had broccoli, chunks of tomatoes and a lot of cheese. She said she had enough for another serving if I wanted to have it for dinner. Of course I said yes, please.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Doing the morning thing again, as my 10:00 phone call was not available until 2)) PM my time. I'll call her again at 10 today. SO...this past night's meals were: lunch, breakfast scramble (eggs, sausage, onions, cheese) and apple crisp; dinner chicken with pepper wine sauce and wild rice, and mixed veggies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I made tuna and macaroni salad, 3-bean salad, coleslaw. Were these our dinner? Not at all. He went out for a mushroom and black olive pizza. So what about the salads? They're for meals after mys knee replacement surgery tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.