What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your husband knows what's good. That sounds delicious. I've been thinking about getting some portobello mushrooms and asking the cook here to cook them for me like a hamburger. I think they are better tasting than veggy burgers.

We went out for lunch yesterday to a resturant named Amy's. I had fried green tomatoes and cole slaw. I've been wanting to try them ever since I saw the movie. They were good but I'm not sure if I would want them again. The next time I want to try their fried pickles or fried mushrooms. I also had 2 bloody Mary's. They were good but I barely got a buzz off them.
Yes he does! and it was even better second time around!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met friends for dinner at a Mediterranean/Mideastern restaurant and had a roasted veggie salad, (mixed greens, red onions, roasted tomatoes, artichokes, walnuts, feta cheese, zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, balsamic vinaigriette dressing), and pita bread. DH was on his own tonight. Aldi finally got in their Earth Grown meatless meatballs so he made them with pasta sauce over brown rice.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had quinoa vegetable melange with falafel and DH had a turkey burger with baked potatoes. Strawberries and honeycrisp apple for dessert.
:lol:my mouth always begins to drool everytime i read apple crisp and begin wond:lol:ering how the one you make tastes:lol: triggeres my sweet tooth

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby really wanted baked beans to go with grilled pork tenders so,when we went to the store....everything is loaded with fat!So,2 cans of navy beans,bbq sauce,catsup,garlic powder,chili powder,a whole chopped onion,some chopped pickled banana peppers,a drizzle of molasses and a teaspoon of liquid smoke and there was yummy homemade beans he could eat.I had sliced cukes with my dinner.He wants the leftovers tomorrow night!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was planning to make fusilli pasta with meatless meatballs and tomato basil sauce but when I went to start dinner I had less than half a bag of noodles. :doh: So I have to scratch that and think of something else, maybe just grilled cheese sandwiches.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cavatelli pasta with quickly made sauce of sausage "coins" (Italian sweet and hot, sliced, browned) then added diced onions, mushrooms, sweet red pepper sauteed in rendered fat and a little olive oil, dried oregano, crushed tomatoes. Shredded white cheddar cheese, added at the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.