Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Didnt know that!
No reason that you really would. The anchovies are ground into a fine paste, and if the rest of the dressing is properly balanced, all you really taste of the anchovies is the saltiness.

Bless your heart!The paramedic working with him yesterday mentioned possible removal but I thought that made you an automatic type 1 diabetic,no?Or is that not so much something to fear, as I do?
Diabetes is only as big a hassle as you make it...and, in the long run, FAR FAR less painful than pancreatitis! That's the only thing I've run across that is as bad as a serious gall bladder attack, and BOTH of those were worse than labor pains. Without the surprise gift at the end. My mom also had them. Hers crystalized. Again, diabetes, but far less hassle than the attacks!

Lunch was a Colby cheese omelet, two strips of French toast, a sausage link, and a teaspoon of syrup for the toast and sausage.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: 3 Gluten Free Pancakes, Cinnamon Applesauce, 1TB Butter, 3TB Maple Syrup

Dinner: 1 Cheetos Mac & Cheese Cup, 1 Velveeta Mac & Cheese Cup, 1 Pea Cup.
rubysmama rubysmama --How do you add the peas to the microwavable cups without it going all over the microwave?!! What a disaster. The peas started popping all over, so I made the mistake of sticking a cover on top. Big mistake! Starchy water exploding all over the place. What a mess! I had to stop it early, so it ended up being soup. :bawling:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I spent too much time outside talking with the neighbors and petting all the dogs that walked by so by the time I came in the house I made something quick for dinner - a sandwich. Strawberries and honeycrisp apple for dessert. DH was mowing the lawn so he made a sandwich too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama --How do you add the peas to the microwavable cups without it going all over the microwave?!!
I haven't microwaved one of those in a while, but don't think I do anything special. I use frozen peas (1/2 cup, I think) and stir them around so they're mixed in with the macaroni. Then just microwave it for the same length of time it says in the directions.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The peas didn't pop all over the microwave like mine?!! Whatever you do, don't put a lid on it! What a disaster!
No popping peas. I also don't put a lid over it. Possibly just a piece of paper towel, to catch any possible popping. I haven't been able to find the microwave cups in just the original version, so don't have any in the house right now. But next time I find them, I'll buy one, and let you know how it goes.

Tonight I'm having Slow Cooker Minestrone.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't made one of my bowls in awhile so I made one tonight since it was a dreary, rainy day and I thought it would taste good. Brown rice, broccoli florets, sliced carrots, green onions, stewed tomatoes and avocado. Dark chocolate almond butter cup and strawberries for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had spaghetti,salad and a very "lean" garlic bread.Made my own sauce from my frozen tomatoes and instead of using hamburger,I chopped up some mushrooms and browned them with the onions and garlic.He never said a word except that it was really good :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had spaghetti,salad and a very "lean" garlic bread.Made my own sauce from my frozen tomatoes and instead of using hamburger,I chopped up some mushrooms and browned them with the onions and garlic.He never said a word except that it was really good :)
Your husband knows what's good. That sounds delicious. I've been thinking about getting some portobello mushrooms and asking the cook here to cook them for me like a hamburger. I think they are better tasting than veggy burgers.

We went out for lunch yesterday to a resturant named Amy's. I had fried green tomatoes and cole slaw. I've been wanting to try them ever since I saw the movie. They were good but I'm not sure if I would want them again. The next time I want to try their fried pickles or fried mushrooms. I also had 2 bloody Mary's. They were good but I barely got a buzz off them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been thinking about getting some portobello mushrooms and asking the cook here to cook them for me like a hamburger.
Great idea. Do mushrooms have much protein?

I had fried green tomatoes
I've never tried them, but always wanted to. Nobody serves them around here.

fried pickles or fried mushrooms.
I didn't really care for breaded pickles, but I love breaded mushrooms.

I also had 2 bloody Mary's. They were good but I barely got a buzz off them.
I can't get a buzz off alcohol anymore, it just makes me feel sick instead. So I quit drinking. I'd rather have my cappuccino.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea. Do mushrooms have much protein?

<A large portobello mushroom has about 2 grams of protein.>

I've never tried them, but always wanted to. Nobody serves them around here.

<You are not really missing anything.>

I can't get a buzz off alcohol anymore, it just makes me feel sick instead. So I quit drinking.

<I'm not going to drink anymore either. I cannot get a buzz, I don't enjoy the taste and I don't need the calories.>
For dinner I had meatballs in barbecue sauce and coleslaw.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I had meatballs in barbecue sauce
That sounds good! I'll have to try that. I don't like coleslaw unless it's on a sammich.

cajun fries
Yum! Sounds fabulously spicy. We don't have that restaurant around here though. I do have some cajun seasoning though.

I had 3 gluten free pumpkin pancakes for dinner with 1 sliced Lightlife Vegetarian Hotdog, 1TB Butter, 1TB Peanut Butter, 2TB Maple Syrup.

Status
Not open for further replies.