What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chicken strips, corn, and mac and cheese for lunch. Dinner will be eggs of some sort (well, chicken, but cooked some way) with some sort of carb...either toast, or biscuits, or an English muffin.

OH, and the ferals will have eggs scrambled in bacon drippings for their Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day suppers. Very cold for here, so they should appreciate something warm in their tummies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I asked DH what he wanted for dinner tonight and he said pigs in a blanket but it doesn't agree with him.:headshake: I seldom make it for this reason so gave him other options but he didn't like any of them.:dunno: I plan to make veggie stir fry for myself.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Something easy for Christmas Eve dinner. My son’s favorite hot dish that has packaged Au Gratin potatoes baked with chopped smoked sausage and cheddar cheese in it. We will have some green beans and crusty bread to go with it and cherry pie for dessert.

I tried giving the girls some boiled shrimp with their dinner and they are both totally against even tasting this supposed treat.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was a fried egg sandwich. Dinner will be grits casserole and hot fruit casserole. The ferals will have eggs scrambled in bacon drippings. I foresee riots. They need something warm. Hekitty will, if she chooses, have some of the eggs, although she isn't much for people food.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our Christmas dinner will consist of a brown sugar/mustard/pineapple/crushed red pepper glazed spiral ham, roasted sweet potatoes and carrots, baked pineapple, dried corn, and green beans. Apple pie with French vanilla ice cream for dessert.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm stuffed from Christmas brunch so I'll have a few leftovers and call it a night. :biggrin: DH is making a sandwich for himself. We'll probably both have dessert since what's the holiday without dessert?:lol:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, lunch was left-over grits casserole and hot fruit from Christmas Eve. I am preheating the oven as we speak, and will be tucking in the lasagna. The apple pie is baked (and calling my name rather loudly...I am tempted to just grab the pie plate and have at it), and the garlic bread is ready to tuck in as soon as the lasagna is out and resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.