What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH came home with 2 scones, 1 blueberry and 1 chocolate chip. When I went to the gym today one of my friends gave me a slice of her homemade carrot cake. I can't stand having so many sweets in the house. I love dessert. :yummy: So needless to say I wasn't very hungry at dinner and just made a bowl of garden vegetable soup.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m trying to decide. The kids and huyhad an early dinner of Burger King,in my opinion it’s 🤮, while I took Baby D to the vet. He’s got an eye infection. I’ll look into my freezer I know there’s meatloaf (not feeling it), lasagna, chicken tenders and sauerbraten (which I had last night and the night before) Or I can have soup. Too many choices and I’m overwhelmed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we had soup (canned) and sandwiches. Nothing big.

My goal tonight is to make French onion soup with short ribs. I know I won't have a lot of time this afternoon to get the short ribs cooked the way they should be, so I'm going to try cooking them in the electric pressure cooker. They (whoever "they" are) say that you can use an Instant Pot, so I see no reason why a pressure cooker wouldn't work as well. And while the short ribs are doing their thing, I can cook the onions in a Dutch oven and then add the de-fatted and de-boned ribs. Using the last of my bread for the cheese toasts. A nice warm meal for a snowy Thursday!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pork cutlets schnitzel style (pounded flatter, dusted with flour, dipped in beaten egg, then bread crumbs and sauteed) with sauteed mushrooms. Potato pancakes (shredded cooked potatoes with Cuisinart, mixed in beaten egg, flour, bread crumbs, formed into patties and browned on both sides). Brussels sprouts cut in half and steamed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was meat loaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and stewed apples. Dinner will be...something. LOL, Instacart brought me THIRTY eggs, instead of the dozen I ordered, so almost certainly eggs in SOME FORM OR ANOTHER!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The French onion soup was decadent and I think it may be my only recipe from here on in. It was good. I didn't have to do the ribs in the pressure cooker after all because I cancelled my eye appt and we stayed home, so I had plenty of time to braise the ribs in the oven. It was rich, very rich, and I suffered a little bit last night.

I have some soup leftover and, well, I'm thinking of thickening it up a wee bit. And serving it over either mashed potatoes tonight or maybe popovers. With roasted butternut.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted here in a few days. I'm always starving at lunch but not as hungry at dinner. The leftover veggie chili came in handy though and another night I just had a bowl of cereal plus almond milk yogurt. Tonight I'm making ravioli with a salad and mini-challah rolls from the bakery. It's pretty cold here so I'm not planning to go out and if I get energetic I may bake chocolate chip banana bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.