What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met my daughter in the city and we tried a new Mediterranean restaurant, It was so good that we'll definitely go back. I had the falafel plate which came with six falafels, yellow rice, lettuce, tomato, pickled onion, homemade lentil soup and a basket of warm pita bread. The owner told me he uses all of his mothers' recipes. I ordered Arabic coffee and he said it was on the house. :thumbsup: The only thing I ate for dinner was fruit - red grapes and raspberries.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
One night this past week, I did my version of a Cracker Barrel breakfast for dinner. Rick really liked it and wants me to do it again. The rest of the bacon, another hash brown casserole, scrambled eggs, biscuits, fried apples. I didn't do the grits the last time; I'll probably make enough grits for him as he likes to mix his apples into the grits. I think that's a waste of really good fried apples!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I met my daughter in the city and we tried a new Mediterranean restaurant, It was so good that we'll definitely go back. I had the falafel plate which came with six falafels, yellow rice, lettuce, tomato, pickled onion, homemade lentil soup and a basket of warm pita bread. The owner told me he uses all of his mothers' recipes. I ordered Arabic coffee and he said it was on the house. :thumbsup: The only thing I ate for dinner was fruit - red grapes and raspberries.
This sounds so delicious I can't even process it. Yum!! I love that kind of food. And that restaurant sounds fantastic. Did the owner come out to talk with the customers? There's a really great Bistro in town, and that's how the old owner was. He'd come out, sit down at your table, and ask you to critique his chefs so everyone could improve. Cool little place. :)
Today I had leftovers for lunch. Dinner was delayed so I had some frozen kid-food....chicken strips and french fries.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Beef pot pie. This is the pot pie where you roll the dough out into squares and simmer the squares in the beef with lots of onions, broth, and a wee bit of red wine. Yum! Pumpkin bars for a bit of dessert.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Too late to edit my above post. Change of menu. When I was in the freezer, I couldn't find sirloin, so I brought up some chuck. Dear Richard was down there and found the sirloin. The chuck hadn't started to thaw yet; it was in the fridge. We exchanged the chuck for the sirloin.

And dinner tonight will now be Cornish pasties with red wine sauce. Still keeping the freezer cabbage on the menu. And the pumpkin bars. Still keeping the yum! on the menu. Because....yum!

He also brought up ground beef, so dinner on Tuesday will be meatloaf.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
And the pumpkin bars. Still keeping the yum! on the menu. Because....yum!
Glad you're keeping the pumpkin bars for dessert. 👍 That sounds delicious.

I'm playing it by ear for dinner tonight since they extended our trick-or-treat hours. I don't want to plan a meal and have to keep getting up to answer the door so dinner will be something quick and easy that I can reheat. Any leftover candy will be dessert. :biggrin:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On the menu last night they had baked zita with four cheese sauce, stir-fried vegetables and a vegetable egg roll. The zita had meat and the vegetable egg roll had pork. All I could get was the stir fried vegetables. It was ok bit I really wanted the zita or a vegetable egg roll without the pork.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, when he told me he made the Arabic coffee himself and it was on the house, (no charge). So I asked him if he would come to my house and make it for me. We both laughed. :flail:
its easy to make you just need that pot to cook the coffee in and remember dont ever stir that cup or you end up with a mouth full of grounds :lol:feels like sand in your mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.