What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Ham & Bean soup sounds delicious. I should look into making hearty soups. As this is becoming the season.
I'm a big soup lover....usually make a good pot of something every week or so.Most I have no recipe....I just toss in what I have and like.This was onion,carrot and celery sauteed in your favorite fat,be it bacon, olive oil or even coconut oil.Then garlic,1 cup chunked ham,1 can rinsed canned beans that you like,a small can diced tomatoes(I used fresh),a small handful of dried noodles broken up,a bay leaf and a good pinch of thyme,a couple of shakes of cajun seasoning and 8 cups chicken broth.I also had some frozen kale in the freezer...maybe 1/4 cup.Let it simmer on low til the veggies and pasta are cooked and that's it.Make it what you like,leave out what you don't.There's just the 2 of us but I'll put the leftover in the freezer for some other time.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie I'd love to come to your place for dinner!

Last night, Rick was bowling. We had sandwiches with some potato chips. And that was it. I felt bad, but it was just a really busy day and I was pooped. I wasn't even thinking about supper until around 4:00 or so and then it was, "Oh crap!"

Macaroni and cheese tonight. Haven't decided if it's regular mac and cheese or maybe the one with tomatoes. Dear Richard loves both of them.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woods had the whole pork loin on sale so I got one (have 3 in the freezer) and cut it up today.Got 14 meals in the freezer from it so tonight we had a small roast,twice baked potatoes and buttered peas.Haven't had pork roast in awhile...delicious.No surgery for him today...blood pressure is way too high:(

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was chicken and sausage gumbo. Dinner will be...something. I dunno. Whatever is on top of the pile in the freezer.

baconator combo
There is nothing in life so bad that bacon will not make it better. One of the best things I ever ate was deep-fried battered bacon at a fair. It was a lovely, guilty sin, and I WALLOWED in it!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Frozen pizza. I'm working on cleaning my kitchen and parts of it looked too nice to get messy. :lol:
I've been there!

Last night's menu was sausage, onion, and pepper pizza. I've fallen in love with ATK/CC sheet pan pizza dough. No kneading, just pat it out on a cookie sheet. And it's really good.

Tonight will be Must-Goes. The chili from earlier this week Must Go. The mac and cheese from the other night Must Go. Coleslaw Must Go.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really the only leftovers in the fridge right now are the ham and bean soup and a couple of brats,and he says he wants the brats for dinner.Easy then!I'll be very happy with a big mug of soup and some crackers.Cleaned out all the turkey parts stashed in one of the freezers,threw them in the largest pot I have and let it cook all night.When all is said and done,I have 9 quarts of broth cooling in the fridge to defat,and out to the chest freezer tomorrow.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Lari, post: 5590826, member: 10010107"

Today I'm getting my covid booster and flu shot, so probably something easy.
[/QUOTE]

I hope you are ok from the shots. I got my shots on Thursday and I'm doing good. I had a fever on Thursday night, a headache, my nose was stopped up and I had to get up and pee every 90 minutes. I was fine by Friday morning.

I had cheese ravioli and some mushy mixed vegetables. I did not eat the vegetables but the ravioli was very good.

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sooooo today I had eggs for lunch and my favorite one pot chicken dish for dinner. I made two extra (soft boiled) eggs for the cats and Livie, they LOVE them.
Remember my clean kitchen? Cleaned the sun room today, and that involved moving everything I didn't know what to do with into the clean kitchen. I guess tomorrow that mess will be moved into the living room. I will never learn. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.