What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer for tomorrow.
Spaghetti squash with it.

Supper is just junk. A bagel, cream cheese, iced coffee early. Will nibble on something after I do my laundry. The room is empty.

Geoffrey vomited all over his flat cardboard scratcher and my bedroom rug. Had to run out and get a couple. One for now and one for later. He has done this before. So I am prepared. Just wet cat food. Still wondering if it is related to the thing he ate???

Traffic was horrendous. Took back way home. I wanted an ice cream from my favorite spot; but traffic.

If I am still craving a soft serve, I can walk 2 doors down, on the each and pick it up.

Gotta go

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went and spent the day with our son and daughter in law.It was too dang hot and humid to grill so we cooked inside instead.I took my macaroni salad,I made baked beans,sliced a cuke and stopped at the farmers market and bought some cherokee tomatoes.Never had them before but they are to die for.Kids loved them too so I left 2 big ones for them.We had brats,pork steak and fixed hubby his favorite beef hot dogs.Tons of leftovers for everyone and it was a wonderful day!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm sorry about Geoffrey. It could be heat-related, too. I know the girls don't feel up to par when it gets really hot and humid. But I'm also sorry that you had to deal with it.
L lizzy What a nice time! Never heard of Cherokee tomatoes!

I've been thawing a turkey breast in the fridge and it's ready for dinner today. Brined it overnight, so it just needs seasoned. I'll do it in the NFG. Rick is going to dig some potatoes for me. Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, maybe some fresh red beets if they're ready in the garden. And the green beans that we didn't have yesterday. I need to go out to cut some mint for iced tea.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I'm sorry about Geoffrey. It could be heat-related, too. I know the girls don't feel up to par when it gets really hot and humid. But I'm also sorry that you had to deal with it.
L lizzy What a nice time! Never heard of Cherokee tomatoes!

I've been thawing a turkey breast in the fridge and it's ready for dinner today. Brined it overnight, so it just needs seasoned. I'll do it in the NFG. Rick is going to dig some potatoes for me. Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, maybe some fresh red beets if they're ready in the garden. And the green beans that we didn't have yesterday. I need to go out to cut some mint for iced tea.
I had never even seen them before,but they look like a kind of beefsteak "mater to me...reddish brown on the bottom and dark green on the top...juicy and very flavorful.I know the family who we buy from all the time,and I'm going to ask where he got his seed from...might want to plant a few next year.He also had the most beautiful eggplants I've ever seen,and I picked up 4 of them.I see a Bobby Flay parmesan in my future real soon,and maybe 1 for the freezer!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still haven't made that broccoli and pasta. Tonight was salad. Last night egg sandwich. Maybe pasta tomorrow.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finally used some of that broccoli. Steamed it in the microwave, as per artiemom artiemom 's great recommendation. And made Kraft Dinner to have with it. Ruby, who rarely finds any of her vegetarian mama's food enticing, insisted on having a few pieces of the Kraft Dinner.

There's leftover KD, so I'll probably have that tonight, with maybe some peas, or more of the broccoli.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally used some of that broccoli. Steamed it in the microwave, as per artiemom artiemom 's great recommendation. And made Kraft Dinner to have with it. Ruby, who rarely finds any of her vegetarian mama's food enticing, insisted on having a few pieces of the Kraft Dinner.

There's leftover KD, so I'll probably have that tonight, with maybe some peas, or more of the broccoli.
By Kraft Dinner do you mean mac & cheese?

Last night I had Morning Star Veggitizers, veggie parmesan garlic wings and some Del Monte green beans

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
By Kraft Dinner do you mean mac & cheese?
Yes, just the original boxed stuff. Apparently, according to Google, it's Kraft Dinner here in Canada, and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the US, and Cheesey Pasta in the UK.

1627394847129.png
1627394872114.png
1627395040530.png

But the question is: Ketchup on Mac and Cheese - Yes or No
(post your answer in thread linked above, rather than here)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made this chicken, zucchini and arugula pasta salad. J went right for her piece of chicken, and then took out a big chunk of her zucchini that she had to spit out because it was too big, lol. She also picked up an augula leaf and lickedit, but only poked at her pasta (no salad dressing for her since there was honey in it).

I'm really enjoying watching her taste foods and developing preferences.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was a Stouffer's Dinner Bowl. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. I was most pleasantly surprised, but LORD, I'll be glad when I can manage actual cooking again!
Mmmm. Those are almost as good as KFC Famous Bowls. Try the Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese too.

I'm having Chef Boyardee cheese ravioli, lol. Idk why, I just had a hankering the other day and bought a few cans.

Status
Not open for further replies.