What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum. That all sounds really good. I'm glad that they are finally giving you better food. :hugs:
I won't get my hopes up. Every morning I get cottage cheese and oatmeal because that is all they have for me to eat. This morning the server told me that they had 2 containers of cottage cheese and that suddenly they disappeared over night. All I got was a little dab of oatmeal. For lunch half of the dinning room got served after waiting 30 minutes and the other half got served after waiting another 30 minutes. Except me. I was completely ignored. I gave up and left. I can take a hint. I didn't go down for dinner tonight and I'm not going down tomorrow just to see if they even notice. The food and service here just keeps getting worse. We are required to eat 2 meals in the dinning room every day. I don't see how they can enforce that. Last night a women grab her knife and started stabbing the table because a server took something away from her that belonged to someone else. What's to stop her from stabbing someone with a fork next time. New owners are taking over next month. I hope they do a better job.

Anyway, I had a Marie Callender's meatless Be'f pot pie for lunch and I just opened a can of Garden Vegetable with Pasta soup for dinner.

Sorry for the rant.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to an Italian restaurant while my in-laws watched J as an early birthday present. I had tgis pasta with shellfish and aglio and olio sauce while being annoying about things being dairy free. Hopefully they were and no fish slipped in with the shellfish.

I hate this diet sometimes. :sigh:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight I made a naan bread pizza with pepperoni. It was quite nummish. I shall do so again, probably Monday. I saw that the store that my Instacart uses has "dipping sauce" sized containers of marinara sauce, so I ordered several of those. I know it is way more expensive per ounce than a jar, but...I won't go through a whole jar of marinara in a month, possibly two, so this is actually more cost-effective for me. No throwing out stuff that's sat too long!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night I finished up my mushroom and edamame rice.

Tonight think I'll use the rest of the mushrooms and make a Naan pizza.

Last night a women grab her knife and started stabbing the table because a server took something away from her that belonged to someone else. What's to stop her from stabbing someone with a fork next time.
How scary, muffy muffy !!! I hope someone took notice of her behaviour and is monitoring her for anger management issues, or dementia, etc.

New owners are taking over next month. I hope they do a better job.
Fingers crossed for improvements. :crossfingers:

I hate this diet sometimes. :sigh:
Hugs, Lari Lari . 🤗 This diet is just till J is finished nursing, right.

so this is actually more cost-effective for me. No throwing out stuff that's sat too long!
I do the same with hummus. More expensive, but less waste.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hugs, Lari Lari . 🤗 This diet is just till J is finished nursing, right.
At the latest. In a few months I can attempt the dairy ladder with her and see if she can tolerate any levels of dairy yet, because it's likely she'll outgrow the intolerance. A Facebook group I'm in has a pretty thorough one I plan to follow. If we could even get past the baked milk and butter steps, even if we couldn't do cheese yet, things would be easier.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Visited one of my daughters yesterday who recently moved back. She has so many great independent cafes and restaurants in her neighborhood so we went out to treat ourselves to a late lunch/early dinner. We both had a veggie quiche with side salad. Banana bread and cinnamon coffee cake for dessert.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="rubysmama, post: 5389394, member:
How scary, muffy muffy !!! I hope someone took notice of her behaviour and is monitoring her for anger management issues, or dementia, etc
[/QUOTE]
They have their eye on her. Her and 2 others here. They have a place downstairs they call the bridge where the violent residents live. They just don't have room for them right now. You would not believe the stuff that goes on here. I was surprised at the amount of fornication that goes on. Most people here are in their 80's and 90's.

This place is suppose to be a 5 Star Senior Living place. The place taking over is only a 4 Star so I am not getting my hopes up. The staff is suppose to get a raise. They sure need it even if it means our rent will increase. Most of the staff and residents here are nice and good at their jobs.

Tonight I am having naan pizza. I am eating cashews now for lunch. I have quite a bit of canned soup and vegetables for when I don't like what they are serving.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made chicken and dumplings with both wide egg noodles and Bisquick drop dumplings. My grandmother makes it that way because she can't commit to only one carb. I like her thinking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.