What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had something that purported to be chicken primavera. I take leave to doubt that. However, there was chicken, and penne pasta, and broccoli, and marinara sauce and cheese, and it was fairly tasty. I'll forgive the misnomer.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had Butternut Squash Bisque soup made by Campbells. It was so bland I had to add a lot of salt and pepper and some DKB. I won't by that again.

I now missed 8 straight meals in the dinning room and no one has even bothered to ask me if I was OK. Makes me wonder how many residents with dementia are missing meals and no one here seems to be concerned.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to go to the Irish restaurant for my birthday, but they had a huge group and weren't taking food orders, so we ended up going to the Korean restaurant. I switched things up and got the japchae with tofu as the protein instead of my normal ram-don and J got to try tofu.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to go to the Irish restaurant for my birthday, but they had a huge group and weren't taking food orders, so we ended up going to the Korean restaurant. I switched things up and got the japchae with tofu as the protein instead of my normal ram-don and J got to try tofu.
What did J think of tofu?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Think I missed a couple days, and now can't remember what I've eaten. :lol:

Last night wasn't very healthy though. Just 2 strawberry-rhubarb muffins, and a cinnamon applesauce cup. :ohwell:
I did have a healthy salad for lunch. :thumbsup:

Tonight I think I'll have pasta and broccoli. Just not sure if it'll be Kraft Dinner for the pasta, or if I'll make my Broccoli and Tomato Pasta. I may go with the Kraft Dinner, as I have milk in the house, and I'm kinda craving KD.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Here's my Parmesan chicken from last night. First time trying Parm chicken and I was pleased. Nice and crispy, yet the meat was so moist. Six legs, two for Dear Richard, two for me, and two that I skinned and divided up amongst the four girls. Yum! Perfect with a simple chopped salad.
ParmChicken.jpg

Tonight will be a frozen pizza.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby has been in Long Island for work since early Tuesday morning. He’s coming home tonight so it’s a pizza party!
Extra large cheese pie and extra large pepperoni pie. I normally don’t let the kids have soda but today I did a coke and a root beer. I picked the sodas up at my neighborhood gas station where I’m a regular and the cashier gave my boys a Nutella and breadstick snack pack for free! Although by the time hubby gets home it will be late so kids and I will have already eaten. It’s been the longest we’ve been separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.