What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh, that looks good! Bookmarking this page.
I posted some other similar cold noodle recipes here: Recipes - Main Dishes And Entrees - Pasta

No edamame at the supermarket yesterday and the only bag I had in the freezer was the in shell kind so I used green peas and corn instead along with the broccoli. The dish came out pretty well. I have leftovers tonight along with some fresh local corn and either a rotisserie chicken thigh or reheated frozen mussels in a garlic butter sauce.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On Saturday, I made a ham slice and twice-baked potatoes, all in the NFG. Did the potatoes first, then while scooping and mashing and filling the shells, I did the ham. Threw the filled potatoes back into the grill for the second bake, finished off the ham, and dinner was served.

Today, I made a bit of orzo salad, a couple pitchers of mint tea, and we had the last of the hotdogs from the fridge. With the last of the blueberry buckle that I had made on Friday.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made this chickpea salad. J tried celery and apple.
How did she do with the celery and apple? When DD started teething DH had the brilliant idea to give her whole kosher dill pickles. The ones in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. They are more firm. She would gum them until they started to get mushy then flip them over to start on the other side. They were cold, firm and tasted good. Once they were too mushy she would give them back to us :rolleyes2: , She's 26 now and still loves pickles.:lol:

I had a Caesar salad for dinner.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did she do with the celery and apple? When DD started teething DH had the brilliant idea to give her whole kosher dill pickles. The ones in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. They are more firm. She would gum them until they started to get mushy then flip them over to start on the other side. They were cold, firm and tasted good. Once they were too mushy she would give them back to us :rolleyes2: , She's 26 now and still loves pickles.:lol:

I had a Caesar salad for dinner.
I pulled out the vertical "strings" in the celery to make it not quite as tough and microwaved the apple slices like 10 seconds to soften them slightly, but she mostly just gummed and sucked out juice/flavor rather than biting anything off.
0712211840~2.jpg

(She also had some leftover avocado)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made this chickpea salad. J tried celery and apple.
Oh, yum. That looks delicious!!! And, yay J for trying new foods!

Last night just cooked up some macaroni pasta and jarred marinara sauce. Nothing fancy, but better than toast. ;)
Made enough for 2 servings, so I'll have the rest tonight, maybe with a side salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.