What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used the Green Giant frozen broccoli that came with a butter sauce. That was enough to keep the sandwich from being dry. Try using butter to see if it helps. You could spice it up some.
I like that broccoli too. They also have it with cheese sauce. That would be good in a sandwich I think.

I'm going to roast a turkey thigh tonight. The girls will help me eat it. I'll have a veggie with it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We tried DKB. I think it was an all-grains, something like that. It was good, but I won’t pay the price all the time. If it goes on sale, we’ll buy it.

I made tuna-pasta salad this morning and stuck it in the fridge, along with mint tea. We can grab a couple garlic-Parm rolls out of the freezer. I have leftover tapioca pudding from yesterday that we can have with sliced strawberries.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We tried DKB. I think it was an all-grains, something like that. It was good, but I won’t pay the price all the time. If it goes on sale, we’ll buy it.

I made tuna-pasta salad this morning and stuck it in the fridge, along with mint tea. We can grab a couple garlic-Parm rolls out of the freezer. I have leftover tapioca pudding from yesterday that we can have with sliced strawberries.
I agree that it's good bread (the bagels are not very good though) but it's not worth over $5 a loaf. I'd buy it again only on sale.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Anyone who posts in this thread not try it yet?
I confess, I haven't tried it yet. :hide: I really wanted to but as others have said if it's not on sale I'm not paying full price. Plus in summer I go to the farmer's market to buy this one vendor's homemade bread that is made fresh daily and I absolutely love it.

I met my old college friends for lunch, we haven't seen one another since the pandemic started so we talked on and on. I brought home the leftovers and will have them with a salad for dinner, i.e. roasted vegetable and goat cheese flatbread.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm the same way. Finding a good bargain makes things taste better I think. :thumbsup: How much does the farmer's market bread cost?
It depends on the type of bread, they're not cheap either, average price is $5.00 & up. But they're fresh from the oven that morning and it's a local family owned business which I would rather support. I think of it as my special treat. :yummy:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not tried the DKB bread and probably won't.Ya'll know I make bread all the time,and have so many versions of it,we never get bored.Dinner tonight was leftover chicken and mashed potatoes,and I made a cucumber and onion salad to go with.It was yummy!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm with Winchester Winchester . I really liked the DKB, but I'll buy it on sale or a special occasion as opposed to an everyday bread, when I can find cheaper dairy free breads.
If I were still eating carbs at the rate I used to, DKB would definitely be a "splurg" item, only bought on sale or on a special occasion. However, since I'm trying to cut my carbs by 75%, I'm only paying for bread what I used to...it's just a lot less bread!

Tonight was a Healthy Choice, barbecued beef with potatoes, corn and peppers...which would have screwed up my carbs, but I didn't have any for lunch.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably practice with another Knorr pasta sides packet. I haven't made them in a few days. I have 5 packets left. I'm so glad I know how to make them now. Weird that the directions are so far off though. I had to double the time on my electric stove. But maybe gas stoves cook quicker?

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably practice with another Knorr pasta sides packet. I haven't made them in a few days. I have 5 packets left. I'm so glad I know how to make them now. Weird that the directions are so far off though. I had to double the time on my electric stove. But maybe gas stoves cook quicker?
They might because if I recall (my parents have an electric stove), it doesn't get hot as fast as our gas stove.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure about the DKB hamburger rolls. This is the second time I am trying a package.
It seems every time I have a couple of them, I do not feel good the next day. I am wondering if there is something in them that does not agree with me.

I do not eat much bread, but with the hot weather, sandwiches are the easiest and coolest to make for supper.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Publix had bone in chicken thighs BOGO when I went shopping. I needed to split the packs up and portion them out for the freezer. I asked Lily if she wanted chicken for dinner and she perked up. I took that as a yes. She had been relaxing on the living room floor. I'll roast a couple of thighs that the three of us will share. I'll have salad with mine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That zucchini from the garden was really good. I cooked it up in a frying pan on medium for 10 minutes, with oil, butter, garlic, garlic parsley salt. I thought I burnt the garlic because it turned all brown, but it was crispy and yummy! Put the garlic in last 5 minutes.

I also had dad's homemade bread toasted. I sampled some raspberries preserves & raspberry fruit spread. I much preferred the preserves. The fruit spread wasn't very sweet at all, it tasted like applesauce.

Either a Knorr pasta sides packet or sammich tonight. I don't feel like doing much else in this heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.