What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I made chicken wings and sweet potato.

The other night I made General Tso's chicken (box mix) but noticed there was a lot of sauce so I added a bag of frozen cauliflower. It was pretty good, even though I don't normally like cauliflower. I suppose with strong-enough sauce anything can be ok, lol.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was pretty good, even though I don't normally like cauliflower. I suppose with strong-enough sauce anything can be ok, lol.
Oh yes! I put sauce on everything, that's probably why I like most foods. I don't really like anything plain.

Tonight will probably practice with another Knorr pasta sides packet. I have 6 or 7 left.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Had the Cobb salad which was from the day before. It was jut ok... at least they used arugula in it.
something different..

Today, maybe a chicken salad sandwich. I bought a package of Dave's Killer Bread hamburger rolls; in the white bread version. They had whole wheat also.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza. From the freezer. Last night, we finished leftovers from when the guys were here. (We had put the cooked chicken in the freezer for some night next week, much to Dear Richard's chagrin.) So we're back to square one. I think there's Freschetta in the freezer. It works.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a package of Dave's Killer Bread hamburger rolls; in the white bread version.
I ordered Dave's 21 Grain/Seed bread from a different Walmart 40 minutes away for pickup tomorrow. I hope they don't substitute the white bread again.

Medium heat is definitely the correct setting for Knorr pasta sides packets. The fishy taste must have been from undercooking, not overcooking. I just didn't have the heat high enough, so the flavors weren't coming together & it wasn't thickening. I can't believe it took me 50 packets to figure out. Finally!!! :cheerleader:

I never did figure out the rice sides packets. Those were completely different directions, "simmer" with a cover.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to a mom's night out with ladies from my exercise group, at the same place I went withmy husband last Friday, so I had the exact same hamburger and fries because I know it's safe to eat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Frozen foods have a ton of salt in them. I preferred Lean Cuisine when I was eating them. Or Weight Watchers.

Now, all prepared food—frozen is out for me. I have to watch the sodium levels in them.

I am not completely salt free but trying to limit intake as much as I can.
There is a lot of salt in them, but less than half the upper limit suggested. And it is my only source of salt, so I'm good. And the meals are low-calorie, and hearty and filling for me.

I suppose with strong-enough sauce anything can be ok, lol.
Heck, I'd attempt a brick if you put enough sausage gravy on it.

Tonight I had a Korean beef Power Bowl. It was quite yummy!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a pound or more of various cuts of meat
Pinch of veggies, pound of meat. Sounds very meat-centric. :lol:

Heck, I'd attempt a brick if you put enough sausage gravy on it.
Same. Minus the sausage, add hot sauce. It's all about the condiments with us. :thumbsup:

I'll probably make a toasted veggie sammich with my Dave's 21 Grain/Seeds bread, if they have it. I hope they have it!
Last time they substituted white bread even though I picked a different substitute, one of the seeds ones. This time I picked Powerseed as the substitute. They had another one called Good Seed. I think the only difference is Powerseed is sweetened with fruit juice and has pumpkin seeds. Good Seed is sweetened with sugar & molasses, no pumpkin seeds.

Last edited:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a report for yesterday. Himself had a very early morning colonoscopy yesterday. So when we got home I made a scrambled egg with cheese wrap and home fries for his brunch.

Dinner was broiled salmon, rice, and broccoli.

Dinner_2021-06_salmon, rice, broccoli.jpg

Dessert was butterscotch pudding with black raspberries.

Dinner_2021-06_butterscotch pudding with black raspberries.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We both had quinoa burgers on onion rolls last night. DH had tater tots with his and I had carrots with hummus. Strawberries for dessert. Not sure about tonight, I may make a veggie pizza if the rain ever stops and I feel like going out. :biggrin:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the Dave's Killer 21 Grains/Seeds bread tonight. Veggie sammiches both toasted & untoasted with yellow squash, romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, hard boiled egg, cheese, mayo. It was pretty good, but not $5 good. I've had better for less, so probably won't buy it again. But it was good! I liked the sweet taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.