What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made this vegan sausage and cabbage salad because I had leftover vegan sausages.
Yum, yum. I probably would have put ketchup on it. How come you're eating vegan sausage?

I didn't have the Knorr pasta sides packet last night, so will probably practice with that tonight. Last night we had roasted potato, carrot, onion, garlic mix. I tried a new ketchup I picked out on it, Great Value Organic, it was pretty good.

Also had a spinach dish that my mom ruined. I don't know what she did to it, but it was all soupy and bitter. I have to get back to my own cooking. It might not be good, but it's not as bad as hers! :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum, yum. I probably would have put ketchup on it. How come you're eating vegan sausage?
Because that's what the recipe called for! I had a couple leftover from another recipe I tried, so that's why I picked this one which showed up after I got rid of the soy allergen filter on the app. At this point I'm trying to pick things that look interesting that I can convince my husband to try because these food restrictions have me tired of eating so much of the same things.

No ketchup for me though!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No ketchup for me though!
Oh yeah, I forgot you don't like tomatoes. 🍅

Magic words! 🌶

Well I consider this a success. I made the Knorr pasta sides packet. I doubled the cooking time from 7 minutes to 14 minutes and kept it on Medium. It thickened really well and tasted good! I don't know if I did it properly, but at least it was good. I added sriracha hot sauce and some Van's fire roasted veggie crackers crushed on top. These crackers are so good! They taste like gluten free wheat thins.
1624485932291.png

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I forgot you don't like tomatoes. 🍅

Magic words! 🌶

Well I consider this a success. I made the Knorr pasta sides packet. I doubled the cooking time from 7 minutes to 14 minutes and kept it on Medium. It thickened really well and tasted good! I don't know if I did it properly, but at least it was good. I added sriracha hot sauce and some Van's fire roasted veggie crackers crushed on top. These crackers are so good! They taste like gluten free wheat thins.
View attachment 385450
sriracha hot sauce added that and some crushed pepper to make it spicy :lol:

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cooked a locally made sausage for the guys. I am not a sausage fan. Plus Italian green beans, carrots, and homegrown new potatoes. Then I asked my husband to pick up a package of ready-to-bake cookies for dessert. :)

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stir Fry broccoli, carrots, baby cabbabages, red cabbage, bok choy and kale in a ginger garlic sauce. Yes a kit.

I looked for a wok and felt they took up too much room. So I purchased a 12 inch non stick pan 4 inches deep.
Why did I think that would take less room to store?

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Frozen foods have a ton of salt in them. I preferred Lean Cuisine when I was eating them. Or Weight Watchers.

Now, all prepared food—frozen is out for me. I have to watch the sodium levels in them.

I am not completely salt free but trying to limit intake as much as I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.