What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your replies. I have a microwave here that I have been using to heat up canned vegetables and soup. I am suppose to be on a high protein diet for my knees but I also need to lose weight for my surgery. I am also going to a GI doctor the end of this month for my hernia which is getting really getting big and IBS-D. I'll probably be put on a special diet for IBS-D which is getting worse. I need to have these problems taken care of before I can even think of having knee surgery.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also going to a GI doctor the end of this month for my hernia
What is a hernia? I hear people talking about them often, but I never saw one.

Breakfast: Kashi cinnamon shredded wheat with 2TB Justin's vanilla almond butter cold, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk.

Lunch: Dad made homemade mac & cheese with elbow noodles & a can of Rico's premium cheddar aged cheese sauce. I put Lays Stax xtra flamin' hot chips on top. It needed seasoning, but I forgot. Peas would have been nice too.

Dinner: Marie Callender's vegetarian chick'n pot pie. OMG this was so delicious! I could eat this every day of my life. I added 1/8Tsp spicy fire salt, 1/8Tsp black pepper, 1/2TB El Yucateco red habanero hot sauce. I am finally learning how to season my food!!! Yay.:cheerleader:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got a response to my comment on that recipe:

yep, the seasoning amount is correct. The picture (and video) is the actual recipe being made. You can easily adjust it by adding more oil. Let me know if you have any other questions...thanks!

I'm still not understanding how 1 tablespoon of oil is enough to turn the dry seasonings into a liquid-y mixture :confused2: If the video is the actual recipe being made as written, why is there like 1/4 cup of oil in the bowl? Shouldn't the recipe state something like "add more oil if needed to fully coat the drumsticks"?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi A hernia is when there is an opening in the muscles of the abdomen and some portion of the intestine protrudes. It may be small and is just kept under observation. The risk is that the opening becomes larger, a loop of intestine becomes trapped (I believe the term is "strangulated") and dies. Repair by inserting a piece of mesh on the interior of the muscle wall. More common in men than women. In cats it is an umbilical hernia, as in newborn kittens that's the opening through the muscle wall. Easily repaired, in female cats done together with spay surgery.

Dinner was baked chicken thighs, as I've described previously. Couscous with onion and mushrooms, diced small, sauteed separately and stirred in. Leftover carrots, green peas, broccoli, all combined and reheated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lari Lari New grill? Nice!
LTS3 LTS3 Well, it looked like more than that to me. But now you know that you need to add a little more for yourself, even if nobody else did.

We have one leftover brat with onions and peppers that Rick wants tonight. I'm thinking of a flatbread pizza with pepperoni for me. I'll make a bit of coleslaw to go with.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester - he's so excited about it. He wasn't able to keep a good grill when he was living in apartments due to lack of space and yards, but now that we have our house, he was excited to get one and use it.

We have more ground beef that needs to be eaten soon, so I'm just going to make tacos tonight. Super easy.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Well, it looked like more than that to me. But now you know that you need to add a little more for yourself, even if nobody else did.

Yes but I still feel that the amount of oil in the recipe needs to be fixed so it's basically dummy proof. Instead of 1 tablespoon, it should be 1/4 cup or whatever amount the person used in the video.

Leftover garlic butter pasta tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A hernia is when there is an opening in the muscles of the abdomen and some portion of the intestine protrudes.
Protrudes under the skin or out where you can see it? Thanks for explaining, I always wondered.

Breakfast: Great Value plain bagel toasted, 2TB Justin's vanilla almond butter, half a sliced McIntosh apple on top.

Lunch: Veggie sammich on Great Value plain bagel toasted, 1TB mayo, 1TB Grey Poupon country dijon coarse ground mustard, extra sharp slice of cheese, mixed greens, tomato, onion, pecans, Lays Stax flamin' hot chips. Finally tried Grey Poupon after all these years!

Dinner: Veggie soup- cabbage, potatoes, great northern beans, veggie broth, onions, garlic, peas, carrots, green beans, corn, celery, bell pepper, evaporated milk, sour cream, sage, turmeric, Bell's seasoning, Old Bay, garlic parsley salt, shredded parmesan & mozzarella cheese. I added 1/8Tsp spicy fire salt, 1/8Tsp black pepper, 1/2TB El Yucateco red habanero hot sauce, Dollar General club crackers knockoff, Lays Stax flamin' hot chips. Hot sauce was a bit vinegary, will use less next time or fresh hot peppers if I can get some.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Protrudes under the skin or out where you can see it? Thanks for explaining, I always wondered.
It protrudes under the skin. I'm glad catapault answered your question. I am not good at explainihg things.

Where did you get the vegetarian Marie Callender pot pies? I've never seen them around here. Amy makes good pot pies. I had a freezer full of them at my house but my sister had to throw them away because they became freezer burned.

Last night I had scalled potatoes, carrots and zucchina. Tonight they gave me kale, rice and mixed vegetables and a side salad. Thet were both good. The salad. actually had cheese.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today and an afternoon doctors appointment...we got our second vaccination.So far so good but we are both really tired.Did a bit of grocery shopping and stopped at Sonic for chicken sandwiches,split an order of fries and home we came.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lord, almost 10:00 at night, and I haven't even thought about it yet. Dinner is still a couple of hours out...but...no hot dogs thawed, so not that. Ham and Swiss sandwich? That's almost as simple as it gets... or even Swiss cheese toast (LOVE Swiss cheese toast, it is so delightfully STRINGY!). Or...I'll figure it out when I get there. But grapes for dessert. THAT I'm sure about!

In the foreseeable future, I will be getting an upright freezer. I'll be cooking more then. I have a chest freezer, and many nights I simply am unable to fold myself double over the edge of the freezer and shift things around to find what I want that has migrated to the bottom! Getting too old for that nonsense! My current freezer will find a new home with a neighbor who has two fairly young (7 & 8 years old) kids whose father rarely bothers with the little things, like CHILD SUPPORT. She really needs it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
In the foreseeable future, I will be getting an upright freezer.
I have a upright freezer, and I love it. So much easier to see what's in there. Only problem is it seems to get iced up more quickly. So if you can get frost free one, that might be preferable.

As usual, no idea what I'm having tonight.

Last night was an egg burger. I was going to take a pic for M maggiedemi , but it didn't look very photogenic, so I'll have to try again next time.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you get the vegetarian Marie Callender pot pies?
I got them at Walmart. They had a choice of vegetarian chicken or beef. Then they had one other brand. I got 3 total.

I simply am unable to fold myself double over the edge of the freezer and shift things around to find what I want
Same here. Upright freezer is so much easier.

Breakfast: Kashi cinnamon shredded wheat cereal, 2TB Justin's vanillla almond butter, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk.

Lunch & Dinner: played around with my snack plates-- Dollar General club crackers, Lays Stax flamin hot chips, turkish figs, mission figs, medjool dates, deglet noor dates, banana chips, diced anjou pear, cajun cheese curds, cottage cheese with chives, walnuts, diced crystalized ginger, Grey Poupon coarse dijon mustard, cheddar jalapeno dip, el yucateco red habanero hot sauce.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today it was an absolute must to make a big pot of chicken soup,and so I did.I'm sure it's a reaction to "the shot" but I am so cold!So we had the soup for dinner and he had a ham and cheese sandwich,and I had my soup and some crackers.Then I had a big mug of hot tea....so much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.