What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy! Did you actually have the dried apricots?
Yeah, when I pick out recipes on the app it gives me a grocery list and I cross off everything I already have and order the rest for pickup, so I ordered a bag of the dried apricots when I did my last shopping trip. I really like the app because I can filter out ingredients I don't like and it won't show me recipes with them. You can also set it if you're vegetarian or doing paleo or have a common food allergy or something so that you get meal suggestions to fit your diet.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister sent us a variety pack of these plant based food bowls: VANA Life Foods Store I tried the chipotle black bean and it definitely had a kick to it but was pretty good. Not sure if I would buy it for myself but I appreciated her thoughtfulness.
That looks good. I need to start getting things like that. I am starting to enjoy a little bit of spice. I have been using a lot of pepper lately but I don't think I would ever use hot sauce.

Last night I had Amy's Chili (medium) and Fritos chili cheese corn chips.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll probably do something with half of those mushrooms tonight. Most likely Naan pizzas, as I'm craving them.

Then tomorrow or the next day I'll use the rest of the mushrooms to make the fried rice. I'd really like to have veggie egg rolls with the rice, as it's been forever since I've had them. Just not sure what the grocery stores sell in their prepared meals section, and not necessarily keen on buying frozen ones.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered a bag of the dried apricots when I did my last shopping trip.
I love dried fruit. I'll have to try apricots.

I have been using a lot of pepper lately but I don't think I would ever use hot sauce.
Welcome to the spicy side of life. :thumbsup:

Habañero and lime.
Oh habanero would definitely be better and hotter! I hope I can find them.

Breakfast: Kind apple cinnamon cereal with 1/3 cup 2% cow milk. This cereal was way too expensive, but the picture looked so good, I had to try it. It's boring, looks nothing like the pic, dried apples are microscopic. Definitely won't buy again.

Lunch: Snack plate- Takis spicy chips, swiss cheese diced, banana chips, dried figs, dried dates, flax/chia, 1 gluten free raspberry fig newton, 1 oreo double stuff cookie, slivered almonds, crystalized ginger, 1TB Skippy honey peanut butter, 1TB grey poupon coarse mustard, 1TB Thousand Island Dressing.

Dinner: Leftover veggie bean soup, added a diced up veggie burger, el yucateco red habanero sauce, grey poupon mustard, spicy fire salt, black pepper, Korean pepper flakes, spicy Taki chips.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, the congee came out somewhat better. I used 5 cups of liquid. The congee was thicker than soup but still not quite the texture I prefer. Maybe 4 cups of liquid next time? Or more uncooked rice? :think: The recipe calls for 1 cup of uncooked rice.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had the leftover pot roast with mashed potatoes, last of the chicken of the woods mushrooms (they are so tasty), remaining few pieces of carrot that had braised with the pot roast. And petite skinny little whole green beans. A very nice meal, especially now that the weather has decided to to turn cold again.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
DH asked me to "please" make my pasta casserole recipe so that's what we're having for dinner tonight. One of things I really like is that we can both eat it since it's veggie friendly and we'll have leftovers for another night or two. I also bought a pint of strawberries at a great price this afternoon, only 99 cents! 🍓 So that will be our dessert.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had, what I guess M maggiedemi would call a Snack Plate: Raisin bread toast, cheese and an apple.

DH asked me to "please" make my pasta casserole recipe so that's what we're having for dinner tonight. One of things I really like is that we can both eat it since it's veggie friendly and we'll have leftovers for another night or two. I also bought a pint of strawberries at a great price this afternoon, only 99 cents! 🍓 So that will be our dessert.
That all sounds delicious. :yummy: What's all in the pasta casserole?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That all sounds delicious. :yummy: What's all in the pasta casserole?
The recipe calls for shell noodles but I use gluten-free brown rice & quinoa rotini noodles, fresh ricotta and fresh grated parmesan cheese, alfredo and pomodoro sauce, green onions, red & green pepper. DH likes Italian sausage seitan which I could do without but I add it for him since it's vegetarian. Although the added spices/seasonings in the seitan do taste good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.