What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 I'm not sure of the size of the glass bowl, but seriously, that looks more like a scant 1/4 cup of oil. I'd do it again, with another added tablespoon of oil, and, if you need a bit more, go for it. Eyeball it and add as you think you need. That's what I usually do. I've had recipes where I think, "Wow, that doesn't look right!" and adjust accordingly.

Our chicken and waffles last night were excellent. I made yeast waffles, so made the batter around noon and let it sit in the microwave for the afternoon, not overnight. Then I added the eggs and the baking soda and yum. There are a couple waffles leftover, so Rick put some in the toaster this morning and had them with applesauce. (I hope our waffle iron isn't going; the waffles weren't as brown as I would have liked. It's a very old Toastmaster. The light goes off, you pour the batter and shut the lid. The light comes back on to cook and when the waffle is done, the light goes back off. As I made the waffles, I stuck them in a 200-degree oven until I was finished.) Good waffles.

Not sure about tonight, although we're leaning toward brats with onions and peppers in the FG. And maybe a bit of baked beans.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
This brought back memories since I haven't had Pepperidge Farm cookies in a long time. There used to be a P.F. outlet store we would go to and stock up. My husband and daughters liked their Milano cookies but I loved the Brussels. Don't think I ever tried the Mint Chocolate but they look good too.

I'm making bbq chicken for DH tonight with roasted potatoes and I'm thinking breakfast for dinner for me, i.e. scrambled eggs with chopped veggies and cinnamon toast on the side.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure of the size of the glass bowl, but seriously, that looks more like a scant 1/4 cup of oil.

Right??? And the recipe only states 1 tablespoon of oil for 6 drumsticks :confused2: And none of the comments from people who have tried the recipe say anything about the oil amount not being enough, only that the recipe came out great and easy to make on a weeknight :confused2: Am I missing something??

When I tried the recipe with four bone in chicken thighs I did double all the amounts. 2 tablespoons of oil still wasn't enough. I ended up just sprinkling more of the dry seasonings on each thigh.

I have one of said chicken thigh left for dinner tonight with a French roll.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another enaan pizza tonight. And an orange for dessert. Plus a couple Pepperidge Farm Mint Chocolate cookies.
I love Pepperidge Farm cookies. My favorite one is the Bordeaux which I've been eating for over 40 years. I also like the Chesapeak and the Sausalito. I am not a fan of any kind of mint cookies.

I am not posting what I have been getting for "meals" here the past couple of days. I guess they are giving the healthy vegetables to the omnivores. All I get are rice, potatoes, pasta dinner rolls, crackers and jello or marshmellow deserts. They had brussel spouts, kale, spinach, green beans and asparagus the last 5 days but then found it necessary to add meat to them.

You guys can just block my post. I know my post are boring and all I do is bitch about my meals but I just need a place to vent.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You guys can just block my post. I know my post are boring and all I do is bitch about my meals but I just need a place to vent.
I don't think anyone wants block your post, muffy muffy . We just wish you would get healthier, and vegetarian, meals. 🤗 And remember the thread is called "What's For Dinner", so whatever pathetic dinner they serve you is still on topic.

Still not 100% sure what I'm having for dinner, but I took a hamburger bun out to thaw, so it's going to be either an egg burger or veggie burger. Right now leaning towards the egg burger.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You two are just being nice. I mostly get ignored in the other forums.

For lunch I got a small dab of mashed potatoes and a pickle. For dinner all I got was a tiny dab of cabbage. They gave me egg noodles and some lettuce with a dab of dressing on it but I am tired of their "salads" and I keep telling them I don't eat egg noodles. For desert I got half of a small eclair. When I complained the aide wanted to argue with me.

I am suppose to get a shower tonight but the aide said they were short handed and said she could not do it. So I told her if she would bring me the towels I would do it myself. I've done it before by myself but it is really difficult and painful getting in and out of shower.

Last edited by a moderator:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick put some in the toaster this morning and had them with applesauce
Cold applesauce or warm?

I would much rather read your dinner posts than have silence. Silence is the worst. Most of my family/friends on Facebook don't even ask about my day, let alone what I had for dinner, even though I almost died.

so it's going to be either an egg burger
Can I see a pic of the egg burger please?

Breakfast: 2 slices of dad's homemade bread toasted, 2TB Justin's vanilla almond butter, half a sliced McIntosh apple on top. Dad's bread tastes way better than my frozen bagels. I'll have to try some fresh bagels soon, but I have a lifetime supply in the freezer.

Lunch & Dinner: Played around with my snack plates. I opened a new box of crackers, the Dollar General knockoff of those Club crackers that have butter on them. Yummy! They are better than Saltines because of the butter.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I vote cookies.
And cookies it was. Macadamia nut and white chocolate chip.

I don't think anyone wants to block your posts. We also don't mind hearing about your meals. That's what we're here for and I'm glad you have us to talk to about it. 🤗
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

I think chicken and dumplings tonight. No hot dogs thawed. Drat it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy I second the microwave idea. That way you could heat up cans of whatever you wanted. Or even make small meals yourself. I just find it very disturbing that you're paying for the meals in this place and they can't even be bothered to give you what you need. I don't expect five-star service, but for crying out loud, it's simply not that difficult. I think they're trying to help you lose weight, too, right? For your knee operations? Still, it sounds as though they're not even trying.

The brats didn't materialize last night. Rick wasn't hungry and neither was I, so it was whatever leftovers we could scrounge. I'll do the brats tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.