What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night was ham and swiss on rye. And as it is still "last night" to me, I NO CLUE what I will fix tonight (my TOMORROW night...I'm still on Wednesday, ya know). But, I have an early errand, so I'm here before I go. Um...let's see...maybe biscuits and gravy, if I feel bakish. Or shepherd's pie, if I remember to thaw out the meat...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight
Shake n bake pork chops, Mac n cheese and broccoli
That sounds like a week end meal for me!! Need to remember to take a pork chop out of the freezer.

Last night I was feeling out of sorts... tired, kind of depressed, so I ate everything in the ouse.. I guess it stemmed from: Being Ash Wednesday, not going for Ashes~~ still do not trust the crowds at church.. and supposed to be semi-fasting... I was depressed...

I need to really start my diet... Next week, even though I ordered food, I am going to plan of buying some salad stuff... I need to begin...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely Tuna Fish sandwich tonight!

I took a thick pork chops out of the freezer, to defrost for Sunday..

Tomorrow I have a "Zoom" Baby Shower, from 11-1.. I doubt if I will feel like cooking after it.
I plan on having a couple slices of pizza, which is frozen and in the freezer. Easy to heat up..

My freezer is so jammed packed! I am going to be using it up... Next will either be steak or Sauce with a couple of Italian sausages and 1/2 chicken breast, which needs to be used.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veggie hot dog and fries.

View attachment 370673
Wow, that looks good. I used to like Morning Star hot dogs. Is that a whole wheat bun? I don't like mustard but only mustard will due on a hot dog.

For dinner I had pizza, a tiny pile of lettuce, 1 piece of tomato, 6 green beans and a piece of cherry pie.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm considering options. There are a lot of them. HOWEVER, and DO NOT LAUGH AT ME, I am seriously considering getting my electric griddle out and frying thin-sliced spam for spam sandwiches. WIth horseradish sauce. I feel kinda horseradish-y, and I'm out of roast beef. No bologna, either (yes, I eat bologna with horseradish sauce). Now I'm drooling lightly on the keyboard. Fried spam and horseradish sauce, it is!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm considering options. There are a lot of them. HOWEVER, and DO NOT LAUGH AT ME, I am seriously considering getting my electric griddle out and frying thin-sliced spam for spam sandwiches. WIth horseradish sauce. I feel kinda horseradish-y, and I'm out of roast beef. No bologna, either (yes, I eat bologna with horseradish sauce). Now I'm drooling lightly on the keyboard. Fried spam and horseradish sauce, it is!
I am no one to laugh. I love horseradish and have been known to eat it straight out of the jar on a spoon. It's amazing with roast beef of course. I have never tried it with Spam or bologna though. Interesting. :think:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wow, that looks good. I used to like Morning Star hot dogs. Is that a whole wheat bun? I don't like mustard but only mustard will due on a hot dog.
It was good. :yummy: Could've used some relish, but not going to buy a bottle for just the odd hot dog. And, yes, that's a whole wheat bun. I find the white bread ones too plain. I ended up buying the Yves veggie dogs. If I ever use them all up (there's 12 in the package) I'll have look for the Morning Star ones.

I bought a package of Minneolas since I've never had them before but thought I'd try them and glad I did. 🍊
I love Minneolas! Someone I know, though, who loves orange and clementines, hates Minneolas. Something about the smell, I think. :dunno:

Not sure what's for dinner tonight. Maybe another hot dog. 🌭

Status
Not open for further replies.