What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made this oat milk alfredo for me and J. Idk if my corn starch had gone bad (it was pretty old) because the sauce was so thin and watery, so I opened a new corn starch and just kept adding it until the sauce thickened. I only had freeze dried parsley, idk if that made a difference, but there really was not a lot of flavor.

So overall not impressed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I didn't make the lentil vegetable soup on Wednesday I plan to have it tonight with either a sweet potato or avocado on the side.
I was bad last night at my friend's house - several other people brought desserts and I ate way too many. :gaah: Oh well, no dessert tonight to make up for it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gardein Crispy Tenders on a bun, with some french fries. And a cinnamon applesauce for dessert.
I've had Gardein Crispy Tenders and they are very good. I like their products better than Morning Star.

All they had for me tonight was Marinated Vegetable Salad and breadsticks. I didn't want that so I made a swiss cheese, Field Roast mushroom & balsamic vegan deli slices, vegan mayo and Wegmans organic six seed bread. I also heated up some Pacific tomato soup. I had some rice left over from some Chinese food I had and added it to the tomato soup. It was a nice change.

Last edited:

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I did get to the store last week to get some oxtails for soup to use up the extra cabbage left from making stuffed cabbage. I still had a head of cabbage, so I made another roaster of stuffed cabbage, plus I have leftover cabbage for oxtail-based soup. I'm going to be eating stuffed cabbage until I can't see straight.

Actually, it's good I did. I got accidentally exposed to someone with COVID (breakout case), so now I have to self-isolate for a while. I won't want for something to eat, that's for sure. The cats will help a bit eating the stuffed cabbage, I'm sure.

I've had my shots, plus a booster. I'm doing this more to be on the safe side than anything else.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooked some rice with chicken bouillon. Turned down heat, put lid on pot. While that was simmering

I sauteed half a red onion, sliced, and several quartered baby bella mushrooms. Put the lid on that pan.

After separating the ribs on a half rack of bbq spareribs I sliced the meat off and cut into pieces. Tossed in with onion / mushrooms and put lid back on pan.

Microwaved a box of Green Giant green peas. Mixed in with meat / onion / mushrooms. Ladled over rice.

Quite nice.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:biggrin:went to marie callendars for dinner finally tried the in house chicken pot pie after years of eating the frozen one:lol:. its a good atmoshpere the one near me always full of older couples(my dads age) out on a dinner date. its cool that these couples act all lovey dovey like young kids still:lol:told gf be ready were gonna be like that when we get old an grey to

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had Gardein Crispy Tenders and they are very good. I like their products better than Morning Star.
I don't eat too many faux meat products, but overall I like the Gardein ones the best. Yves has ok veggie dogs, though. And I do like the Spicy Black Bean Morning Star burger.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I am committed to clearing out the freezer so tonight I am having a mystery roast. It is either a pork roast or a pale beef chuck roast. In any case it’s being roasted with garlic, fennel and black pepper. Carrots and potatoes to go with it, or in it. Not sure yet how I will make them.

Now I can smell the roast and it is definitely pork! Smells delicious.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having pork roast as well,with onions and apples,mashed potatoes and buttered peas.
That sounds like a great combo. I stopped at the liquor store to pick up some white wine to make gravy since most of the roast will go into the freezer as roasted pork with gravy for future ready made meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.