What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had 5 Morning Star Buffalo Wings. They were way too spicy for me. I won't buy them again. I also had some dates with Tofutti dairy free cream cheese. I didn't care too much for that either. I only brought the dairy free because Wegmans was out of real cream cheese. They told me there was a shortage of cream cheese.
I've noticed cream cheese is in short supply around here, too.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,the bread didn't happen today,so that is a must tomorrow.I did get 18 pints of elder/razz jam done.Oh my gosh ...to die for!Anyway,I had to vacuum too,so dinner was clam chowder,and he had grilled cheese while I had some crackers.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick had gone to the store one day for cream cheese to make ice cream. He ended up having to buy the store brand; there wasn't a block of Philadelphia to be had in the store. I see Philadelphia is on sale right now 2 for $4. I may buy a couple blocks for holiday baking.

I also like the Philadelpdia cream cheese but Wegmans brand is just as good.
The tofutti cream cheese is meh, though their sour cream is decent. Usually for fake cream cheese I've been getting the Violife. I hear Kite Hill is the best, but that's nearly twice as much, so I can't justify it.

I will have to try Kite Hill. Did Jay like the black bean burger?
I've noticed cream cheese is in short supply around here, too.
I will be going to Target this morning. I hope they will have the real cream cheese. Lately I can't get enough cream cheese and bagels.

Last night I had a swiss cheese sandwich with tamato soup.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I hear Kite Hill is the best, but that's nearly twice as much, so I can't justify it.
Kite Hill is a very good non-dairy cheese as are Miyokos and Treeline. Yes, they're more expensive but I can justify it by using less as a spread on a bagel or sandwich than traditional dairy brands. I wouldn't buy it on a regular basis but when the holidays roll around it's a delicious treat.

Leftover pasta casserole tonight with broccoli on the side. Probably fruit for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a busy day...had to get the other air conditioner out and put away,the storm back on and all winterized.Washed 2 loads of kiddo blankies so everyone has clean snugglies when it turns cold tomorrow.Made another(and final for now)2 batches of jam,so dinner was catch as catch can with the leftovers in the fridge and a slice of fresh egg bread with butter and jam for dessert!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made two pasties last night. They both fell apart. I may have over-filled them. But you know what? They were so good anyway. I made a wine/beef sauce to have with the pasties. Yum. Didn't look the best, but we didn't care.

Tonight, Rick is having ice cream (he had wisdom teeth removed this morning). I'm not sure what I'm having yet.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I feel for Rick.. I really do... ice cream, frappes, mashed potatoes, backed sweet potatoes, pudding are best during this time.. poor guy...

Today was:
*regular morning stuff
*out for haircut.
* went searching for my Instant Irish Oatmeal... out of stock at my usual store
*finally did laundry.. It was a busy day down there.. I had 2 loads to wash, but could only use one machine... back to back laundry loads... both washer and dryer.. took all afternoon.. Ridiculous...
Man, I am almost ready to send everything out to the laundry service.. it is a pain..

I have not been to a Stop & Shop for a long time. I went to 2 of them, different cities; on my hunt..
I was not impressed.. not at all...
Felt like steak for this weekend.. Now that my butcher has retired, shop closed; I have to resort to the regular grocery store... not liking that.. S&S had a poor supply/selection of all meats.. all of them.. especially beef. I could not believe it.

I wanted to make some roasted veggies: white and sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli with a steak for both days of the weekend... nope... not unless I run to the local maniac store...

Still looking for my oatmeal... It is out of stock..supply issues, even at the S&S... last resort tomorrow, will be another Market Basket, and perhaps Target... Walmart does not carry it.....

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
Did J eat the spicy chicken?

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's homemade bread toasted, 1 Hard Boiled Egg diced, Kraft American Cheese Slice, Roasted Tomato Mix from last night (with Onion, Garlic, Olive Oil, Garlic Parsley Salt, Italian Seasoning), 3TB Sweet Baby Ray's honey mustard dressing, 1TB Lottie's Habanero Hot Sauce, Penguin crackers from Target.

Dinner: Annie's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese, Green Giant Broccoli Spears in Butter Sauce, Aldi vegetarian nuggets with 1TB Lottie's Habanero Hot Sauce cooked on in toaster oven at 450 & diced up after, 1TB Sweet Baby Ray's honey mustard dressing. I stirred it all together.

I really lucked out today mixing all that weird stuff! I thought it would be disgusting, but it tasted amazing! Directions said to cook the nuggets on Broil, but that incinerated them! So tonight I tried 450, which was fine.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did J eat the spicy chicken?
Some of it! It wasn't too spicy, though. At least, I didn't find it so with my low spice tolerance.

She chose not to eat her tomato, however. Which is fine. I offer the food and she decides what and how much of it she wants to eat at any given meal. No stress around mealtimes is my goal.

We had the rest of the leftover taco stuff tonight. Going to need to buy some more food soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.