What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hauled some genuine Texas barbecued brisket out of the freezer. Thawed, sliced some, wrapped in tin foil and heated in a low temperature toaster oven. Tender, flavorful, not over-spiced. Sides were a couple of slices of homemade bread - as always great crust and wonderful oven-spring means excellent texture. Mashed potatoes. I had braised kale. Himself was concerned about vitamin K so he had broccoli. Should hold us over until tomorrow . . .

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Leafy green vegetables are high in vitamin K. Vitamin K helps your blood to clot. Himself is on coumadin. Too many salads, too much kale - not good for him. Occasional is O.K.

He doesn't eat grapefruit (which he doesn't like anyhow) because it increases the effect of coumadin. And that can lead to bruising and bleeding.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends.. To all my Canadian Friends, have a wonderful day!

No Turkey today~~ unless my meal is not to my liking..

I am making the Recipe LTS3 LTS3 posted and made: Chicken thighs with cranberries. I am also having Rice Pilaf and fresh Green Beans to go with it.

Desser!! OMG... my friend gave me 2 lbs of cookies!! unexpected... I also bought a smaller pumpkin pie..

We got a T-day, extra meal from the building.. Turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy. That is my 'just in case'....

Last night we all got a robocall from the Rabbi in here, I am not Jewish, but she does a lot for all of us.. The staff is coming in today, to give us a small pie.. probably a slice of pie.. That is so nice of them....

I had cookes with my morning coffee for breakfast!!

Weight gain, here I come!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night was a peanut butter sandwich as I prepped all of my side dishes for tonight. I'll start cooking at midnight to eat at 2 AM, since I'm doing a boneless turkey breast roast. Dressing (stuffing), mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, creamed corn, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, and a food coma.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We ate about 3,and we had turkey,dressing,potatoes mashed with cauliflower,scalloped cabbage,cranberry sauce,and potato rolls.For dessert we had moonlight cake with fruit salad and my daughter in law made a beautiful pumpkin pie that was delish!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
For my Thanksgiving dinner I had Butternut Squash Soup, Turkey with a little gravy and cranberry sauce, Apple Walnut stuffing, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and Green Bean and Scalloped Potato Casserole. For dessert Pumpkin Pie with Whip Cream. Now I feel 20 pounds heavier! Lol😉

Status
Not open for further replies.