What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How do you do yours miss eveliina miss eveliina ?

Here's how I did some for our Christmas dinner back in 2015
BelleWood-Gardens - Diary
I cooked the stew on the stove up.
I browned the deer meat with onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Then I added a cup of red wine and a beef bouillon cube. I let it simmer for quite a while. Then I added a cup of chicken broth (I was all out of beef broth) and I brought it to a boil. I added my carrots and let them cook for a bit before I added a 1.5 cup of hot water and mixed another beef bouillon. Then added my potatoes and celery. I reduced the heat and let it cook until the potatoes were tender. At the end, I mixed some corn starch in a bowl of water and added it. It thickened up nice.

I didn’t follow a recipe. I make a lot of stews and DH said it was one of the best he’s had.:thumbsup:

My goodness, your dinner looks amazing!
Do you ever make your own bacon? We just started making our own and I can honestly say I don’t think we’ll buy store bought again - if we don’t have to. It’s just too good.:)

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cooked the stew on the stove up.
I browned the deer meat with onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Then I added a cup of red wine and a beef bouillon cube. I let it simmer for quite a while. Then I added a cup of chicken broth (I was all out of beef broth) and I brought it to a boil. I added my carrots and let them cook for a bit before I added a 1.5 cup of hot water and mixed another beef bouillon. Then added my potatoes and celery. I reduced the heat and let it cook until the potatoes were tender. At the end, I mixed some corn starch in a bowl of water and added it. It thickened up nice.

I didn’t follow a recipe. I make a lot of stews and DH said it was one of the best he’s had.:thumbsup:

My goodness, your dinner looks amazing!
Do you ever make your own bacon? We just started making our own and I can honestly say I don’t think we’ll buy store bought again - if we don’t have to. It’s just too good.:)
The hell you put Worcester sauce in for?

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There is something wrong with your taste buds then. I'm sure the stew would have been lovely even without *that*.

Onions, garlic, honey and sugar are fine on their own. Worcestershire sauce is satanspawn.

Edith: I mean, Worcestershire sauce tastes like shit on it's own, what do you mean by "flavour"?

Last edited:

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is something wrong with your taste buds then. I'm sure the stew would have been lovely even without *that*.

Onions, garlic, honey and sugar are fine on their own. Worcestershire sauce is satanspawn.

Edith: I mean, Worcestershire sauce tastes like shit on it's own, what do you mean by "flavour"?
The only way I can really describe it is that it gives a nice savoury flavour. DH and I both enjoy it and he asks for me to put it in. I don’t put a lot in to make it over powering.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got the Great Value Cheez Whiz knockoff today! Dad loves it. I didn't try it yet, I was too busy sampling cupcake, poundcake, angel food cake, peanut butter cookies, biscotti. I didn't like any of them, too sweet. I'll try the blueberry & banana nut muffins, apple cinnamon brioche, and coffee ice cream this week. Hope I don't end up with diabetes before I'm through. :musicnote::musicnote::musicnote:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner was kind of an if I get to it thing,and I actually did.I made mashed potatoes to go with the leftover pork chops,and heated up a can of beets,and it was really good.I spent the day pretty much in the kitchen.....Got my dressing all made (but I had to make some cornbread first...made it with almond flour and a little bit of cornmeal...turned out pretty good),made a double batch of turtle cookie bars(sent some to the neighbor),made a double batch of salami and they are formed into rolls wrapped in double foil in the fridge to bake tomorrow.Oh...and I had to make bread today and cranberry sauce,too.Whew!

Status
Not open for further replies.