What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marie Callender now makes a Gardein chick'n pot pie, so I tried it tonight, mixed with mashed potatoes. It's good! The texture of the chik'n is a bit weird, but the flavor is spot on. So vegetarians rejoice! If you liked chicken pot pies before you were vegetarian anyway, lol.
I will have to try them. I have a freezer full of Amy's pot pies at home. They are very good.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They cut a tomato in half and bake lt. I don't think they put anything on it. I love tomatos but I do not like them baked. They are watery and tasteless.
I would like to try fried green tomatoes.

Marie Callender now makes a Gardein chick'n pot pie
Yum! I'll have to look for that.

I haven't been eating much this week besides dessert. I didn't really like any of them besides the caramel apples. The apple fritters were pretty good too. I wanted to try Persians, but they were out of stock.

Just a few more things to try tonight when we get our Aldi order- Danish, Stollen, and Cinnamon Rolls. Then back to regular food. :lol:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hated the Stollen. Yuck! Tasted like a booze soaked fruit cake. I can't get the taste out of my mouth. Also had a cheese danish, yuck, way too sweet, and a cinnamon roll, also way too sweet.

And some mac & cheese with habanero sauce. Yay! I'm back to normal food. No more sweets for me until caramel apple season comes round again next year. That was my favorite. Dad's favorite was cookies! 🍎🍪

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like the taste of booze but I love it when it is baked into deserts.
It was really bitter.

Shepherd's Pie for dinner with our Thanksgiving leftovers, but I HATE this dish! I have to eat it for breakfast tomorrow morning. Any advice?
I like it with ketchup on it. But I guess it depends on what is in it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
am seriously gaining weight
I gained 8 pounds eating all that dessert! My doctor will be happy. I wonder if the weight will stay on. I'm definitely not eating that much sugar again. I got night sweats from it and felt dehydrated.

I'm thinking subs from Subway tonight.
I want one! I haven't had take-out in so long. I do have a frozen pizza from Aldi though! Excited about that.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I was very bad this evening. I went to Wendy's and had one of those Beer Pretzel Hamburgers with fries and soda. The hamburger was good, but I think it could have done with a little more beer cheese. Now excuse me while I chain myself to the treadmill for the next 6 hours. I don't want to even think of how many calories I just ate.:jawdrop::gaah:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were planning to get take out tonight but went to support Small Business Saturday and got home later than expected. So I think I'll probably have a bowl of vegetable lentil soup with a wheat kaiser roll. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Status
Not open for further replies.