What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast. Making wafflles in my new waffle maker. Also having bacon, eggs, and toast.
New waffle maker is in the trash. It sucked!! Smaller than I thought. Waffles only stayed warm long enough to plate them. Instructions said to use 1/2 cup of batter. Too much. Used less...still too much. Used even less...still too much. Leaked all over the waffle maker and countertop. Guess family will just have to deal with burnt pancakes sometimes. :mad2:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Mamanyt1953 Hog Jowl Road? Interesting name! That one, though, would have not given me any cooking inspiration!
lizzie lizzie I hope you can get your stove fixed!
neely neely I hope you feel better soon! Dental surgery is no fun at all.

That "mystery" container the other night? Turns out it was the last container of sweet & sour pork in the kitchen freezer. Once I realized what it was, I threw some fried brown rice together and the pork over the rice was dinner. Then since I spent four hours at the salon yesterday, I stopped for a large hoagie, brought that home and we split it for our supper.

I took three chicken thighs out of the freezer yesterday and they're thawing in the fridge. I'll throw them into the Foodi Grill for supper. And make something with squash and zucchini as a side.
Actually he's supposed to be here sometime tomorrow.He went ahead and ordered the mother board and it was supposed to be delivered today.I'm thinking good thoughts!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Eggs can be exciting, as long as you put ketchup on them. :thumbsup:
I'm not allowed to eat them with any ketchup, condiments or other seasonings per the dental surgeon which is what makes it so boring. I've followed the entire list of instructions to a T to avoid any hiccups and hopefully move the healing process along.

Tonight I had a mashed up sweet potato and, of course, more pudding. 🙄

neely neely I know what you mean.. I had a long drawn out implant with bone graft... Food gets very boring... ((Hugs))
The extraction and bone graft are over so onward and upward. Thanks for your support. :hugs:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
klunick klunick In my waffle iron, I use about 1/4 cup of batter. That seems to work out OK. And, if you have an electric skillet (I have Mom's), it will make good pancakes. Oh, and Happy Birthday! :bday:

Zoodles tonight with my homemade marinara. I was going to make garlic-parmesan rolls this morning. Last night, when I was chopping an onion, I took a nice piece of thumb. Bled like crazy and I've got bandages draped down the sides. There's no way, I'm going to knead dough with bandages on my thumb, so no yeast rolls.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick In my waffle iron, I use about 1/4 cup of batter. That seems to work out OK. And, if you have an electric skillet (I have Mom's), it will make good pancakes. Oh, and Happy Birthday! :bday:

Zoodles tonight with my homemade marinara. I was going to make garlic-parmesan rolls this morning. Last night, when I was chopping an onion, I took a nice piece of thumb. Bled like crazy and I've got bandages draped down the sides. There's no way, I'm going to knead dough with bandages on my thumb, so no yeast rolls.
I use my electric skillet to make the pancakes. One side always gets burnt a little. I think the surface area where you make the waffles is really small. Like to get a normal sized waffles, I'd have to make 3 of them with the one I have. I tried using less and less and it just slid out the sides. I don't think the outside ridge is high enough. No matter how much I put, it just rolled right off the sides.

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just had raisin bread toast, cheese and an apple
What kind of cheese? Did you put butter on the toast or peanut butter? We need to know these little details. :thumbsup:

Breakfast: Bay Sourdough English Muffin toasted, with Justin's Vanilla Almond Butter sample packet, and a Great Value cinnamon applesauce cup.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Bay Sourdough English Muffin toasted, mayo, habanero hot sauce, Vegemite, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pecans, swiss cheese.

Dinner: Cheetos Mac & Cheese, the plain cheese one, added broccoli and habanero hot sauce to it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner was simple tonight...cleaned up all the rest of the leftovers.He had the 2 burgers left from last night and the dogs and I finished up the pork potroast...kitties weren't interested.No stove today...mother board didn't arrive til today,so hopefully tomorrow,which is our son's 50th birthday and we were planning on lunch.We'll see how this all goes I guess.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
breakfast: oatmeal and one slice of raisin toast with butter.

lunch: mashed potatoes with skins, pickled beets, brussel spouts and vanilla pudding.

dinner: rice medey, peas, corn on the cob and jello which i can't eat

here at assisted living they give me too much food. after the stomach surgery i was told to eat only small amounts of food. i sure miss pizza, spaghetti and chinese food.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie I hope that motherboard gets here today. Happy birthday to your son!

Last night's dinner was OK, but just OK and I sure wouldn't want to eat it regularly. I sauteed onions, garlic, and then threw in some peppers. Added garlic, marjoram, basil, and oregano. Poured in the marinara. Served it over the zoodles and topped with Penzey Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle. Served with my garlic bread. The whole time, I was making it, I thought, it would be a lot better with some browned chicken sausage. And sure enough, Rick tasted it and said, "You know, those chicken sausages would have hit the spot in this." Vegetarians, we are not. :paperbag:

I'm kind of hungry for a good meatball sub tonight. I'm thinking about using the spiralizer to make curly fries and then throwing them in the Foodi Grill to air crisp. And add a wee bit of cole slaw to that, too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What kind of cheese? Did you put butter on the toast or peanut butter? We need to know these little details. :thumbsup:
LOL. Cheese was medium Kraft - just the individual snack size. Yes, butter. Well to be specific Becel margarine. :biggrin:

Last night I ended up frying an egg and plopping it on a toasted whole wheat burger bun, and topping with a bit of Cheez Whiz that melted nicely.

Tonight, no idea as of yet. And no sense speculating, as I'll probably change my mind by the time I'm ready to eat.

Vegetarians, we are not. :paperbag:
There's meals that you've probably eaten in the past that were vegetarian, but because you just ate and enjoyed it, didn't think "needs meat". You just have to find recipes that fit your and Rick's food preferences for your weekly meatless meal.

A good start is "breakfast for dinner" with eggs, toast, hash browns. Or pancakes/waffles topped with maple syrup and fresh berries and whipped cream. Maybe a quiche.

Generally, since you're not going to be full-time vegetarians, I'd stay away from the faux-meats. But there's tofu and tempeh and quinoa, etc. Not to mention the many types of beans.

Oh, veggie burgers. Either homemade or store bought. You guys would probably like the Beyond Burgers, since I found them to be too much like real meat.

Or maybe try the Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burgers I mentioned upthread. They were good, and barbecued fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.