What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tuna burger. You cut about six inches off of a baguette and slice it lengthwise. Mix up tuna, mayo, a dash salt,and pepper. Lay the top or bottom half of the sliced baguette on a cookie sheet, cut side up and spread it with tuna mix and then a slice of American cheese. Then pop it in the oven until the bread gets crusty and the cheese melts.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe 10 inch or so? It sounds like the pizza is fully cooked, it just needs to be reheated. If that's the case, I can cut the pizza up, freeze what I won't eat right away, and reheat the slices individually.

To the vegetarians, the local newspaper had a little blurb about a company that makes vegetarian-friendly plant based foods. The brand is sold at Target, Whole Foods, and natural food -type stores.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I made stuffed peppers and Spanish rice for dinner.
Yum! I'll have to try making a vegetarian version of this sometime.

We have those. They are pretty good. I've made a sandwich with them before after toasting them.

For lunch I had tofu again cooked in olive oil & hot sauce on Kaiser roll with lettuce, tomato, mayo.
For dinner I had Amy's Black Bean Burrito with hot taco sauce. I think I'm going to make these in the toaster oven next time.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today I made stuffed peppers and Spanish rice for dinner.Really good!
Sounds good.

Yum! I'll have to try making a vegetarian version of this sometime.
Me too. Here's a recipe that sounds pretty easy: Vegetarian Mexican Inspired Stuffed Peppers
(looks like some good suggestions in the comments, so read those first if you decide to make it)

Maybe 10 inch or so? It sounds like the pizza is fully cooked, it just needs to be reheated. If that's the case, I can cut the pizza up, freeze what I won't eat right away, and reheat the slices individually.
That would work.

To the vegetarians, the local newspaper had a little blurb about a company that makes vegetarian-friendly plant based foods. The brand is sold at Target, Whole Foods, and natural food -type stores.

[/URL]
Doesn't look like they are available outside of the US, but it's so cool how many new plant-based foods are becoming available these days.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got the menu for next week's prepared meals kit :) It's pretty interesting:

Salads:

Heirloom - roasted beets and toasted walnuts, along with green olives, shredded red cabbage, parsley, and scallion, served with organic black beans, high-protein kamut (an ancient whole wheat grain), and organic baby greens. A lemon vinaigrette contrasts nicely with the sweet beets. Vegan. Also available in Pro and Paleo versions with high-quality chicken.

Mediterranean - cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, scallions, chickpeas, and sunflower seeds over organic high-protein quinoa and organic baby greens. It all comes together with our lemon tahini vinaigrette. Vegan and Gluten Free. Also available in Pro and Paleo versions with high-quality chicken.

Ready to eat:

Aleppo Honey Chicken Dinner - No gluten, soy or dairy. Featuring a sweet and spicy sliced chicken breast, roasted sweet potato and squash medley that is lightly seasoned (we let the main ingredients do the talking here). Served over quinoa pilaf. Gluten, Dairy & Soy Free

Soup:

Chicken Soup - Packed with potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, squash, and cancer-inhibiting mushrooms as well as whole-grain rice. Gluten, soy, and dairy free. Vegan version made with our own veg stock.

Grain bowl:

K-Town Basket - Stir-fried veggies spiced with authentic (modestly spicy) Korean chili paste. Served over riced cauliflower and edamame. Pro version contains 1/4 pound of slow simmered chicken breast. Available with chicken and in vegetarian format. Vegetarian version is vegan. Gluten and Dairy Free.

All of the above in the one kit :biggrin:

No idea about the complimentary pizza but that's ok. Looking forward to trying out these meals :yummy:

Dinner tonight is more of the leftover slow cooker chicken (just two thighs left) unless I decide to make the last frozen French Bread pizza and sweet potato fries.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds delicious. And healthy too. Also love that they have vegetarian/vegan options, as well as gluten free. Must be hard, though, coming up with menus to work with all the different food allergies and preferences.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds delicious. And healthy too. Also love that they have vegetarian/vegan options, as well as gluten free. Must be hard, though, coming up with menus to work with all the different food allergies and preferences.
The service says it's pretty accommodating:agree: I'm sure there's a point where they can't accommodate people who are super picky and won't eat multiple foods / cuisines they simply dislike. Someone is supposed to contact me after the first kit to get feedback and my preferences.

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

[/URL]
I am not vegetarian , cause i eat fish..

Albus&minnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Salads:

Heirloom - roasted beets and toasted walnuts, along with green olives, shredded red cabbage, parsley, and scallion, served with organic black beans, high-protein kamut (an ancient whole wheat grain), and organic baby greens. A lemon vinaigrette contrasts nicely with the sweet beets. Vegan. Also available in Pro and Paleo versions with high-quality chicken.

Mediterranean - cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, scallions, chickpeas, and sunflower seeds over organic high-protein quinoa and organic baby greens. It all comes together with our lemon tahini vinaigrette. Vegan and Gluten Free. Also available in Pro and Paleo versions with high-quality chicken.

Ready to eat:

Aleppo Honey Chicken Dinner - No gluten, soy or dairy. Featuring a sweet and spicy sliced chicken breast, roasted sweet potato and squash medley that is lightly seasoned (we let the main ingredients do the talking here). Served over quinoa pilaf. Gluten, Dairy & Soy Free

Soup:

Chicken Soup - Packed with potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, squash, and cancer-inhibiting mushrooms as well as whole-grain rice. Gluten, soy, and dairy free. Vegan version made with our own veg stock.

Grain bowl:

K-Town Basket - Stir-fried veggies spiced with authentic (modestly spicy) Korean chili paste. Served over riced cauliflower and edamame. Pro version contains 1/4 pound of slow simmered chicken breast. Available with chicken and in vegetarian format. Vegetarian version is vegan. Gluten and Dairy Free.

No idea about the complimentary pizza but that's ok. Looking forward to trying out these meals :yummy:

Dinner tonight is more of the leftover slow cooker chicken (just two thighs left) unless I decide to make the last frozen French Bread pizza and sweet potato fries.
Mhh yum , annd i can even eat it !
I love sushi too..
But i lost my sushi that i was going to eat food dinner.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.