What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
I've got me a big ol' pot of beans to bubble away on the back of the stove and I can toss in 2 cups of that restaurant-sized can of diced tomatoes I broke up and put in my frezer and I might even find a few peppers in there if I look hard enough. Mmmm mmmm good!

If I'm in the mood to put this butternut squash in the oven and stir up a batch of cornbread, I'll have a species-appropriate feast fit for a homo sapien celebrating life!

I won't eat like a king, though. Kings eat garbage and always have; yesteryear kings thought vegetables were "low class" and gave themselves gout. I'm so lucky to have the resources to be able to eat like a person.

Willow will have enough rat grind to mix with enough EZComplete that she can have chicken breast for dinner tonight and the dogs get the very last Stella & Chewy's in the freezer, yogurt, rat grind, and if I get off this computer and stop feeling sorry for myself, there's still time to thaw more organs and see if I can get them into Choccie so she can have a turkey neck tomorrow instead of all these carbs in the THK base mix.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I found a really good vegan recipe for black bean stuffed peppers that I want to try tonight. I've had enough meat this week that my innards won't start eating themselves.

That's known as "breakfast for dinner". :)
Yep. And VERY popular in the South, where we've raised it almost to an art form!

I am not vegetarian , cause i eat fish..
I think that would be a "pisco-vegetarian."

It's a Mexican / Latin American sort of wrapped sandwich. This explains it in detail:
Not to be confused with the cat burrito, or purrito, which is a cat wrapped in a towel in order to give the cat a pill without losing a hand in the process.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a bowl with brown rice, avocado, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, broccoli and carrots.
What did you use for spices in it?

Here's a recipe that sounds pretty easy: Vegetarian Mexican Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Thanks. That sounds easy enough.

I got the menu for next week's prepared meals kit
Sounds delicious!

For lunch I had the last of my tofu. I got 5 servings out of one block. I cooked it the same way, in olive oil with hot sauce, then put it on Sourdough toast with mayo, lettuce, tomato.

For dinner I had Mac & Cheese, Vegetarian Baked Beans, and a Sunshine Veggie Burger. I put hot sauce all over everything. My veggie burger tasted really good mixed in with the Mac & Cheese. I'm not sure if I cooked it right, it said to cook on low, but our electric stove doesn't cook well on low, so I used medium.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I had rotini pasta
Did you put any beans or anything in it?

Lasagna tonight
I love lasagna. When I was a kid, I used to order it every single time we went out to eat. Back then it was really affordable, only a few dollars. Nowadays it would probably be expensive.

For lunch I had way too many caramel macchiato hot cocoas. I won't tell you how many. They were too sweet, so glad I used them up.
For dinner I had a Gardein vegetarian meatball sandwich on toasted sourdough bread with pasta sauce, cheese, salt, pepper, hot sauce.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you put any beans or anything in it?
No. Just jarred pasta sauce. And I made enough for a 2nd meal, so had exactly the same tonight, except instead of oatmeal cookies, had a small Royal Gala apple for dessert.
For lunch I had way too many caramel macchiato hot cocoas. I won't tell you how many. They were too sweet, so glad I used them up.
I'm afraid to ask how many you had, so I won't. :lol: I'm currently hooked on Maxwell House Suisse Mocha Instant Coffee, and I don't even normally like coffee. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.