What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie A very Happy Anniversary! :celebrate:

I'm rolling and stuffing a pork roast for Sunday dinner. Probably mashed potatoes and gravy. And pineapple stuffing, which is simply a casserole; Rick dearly loves pineapple stuffing (he says it almost passes as a dessert in itself). Along with a bit of salad. Simple ice cream for dessert.
Thank you so much!We had a great day and a wonderful dinner!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made salmon patties for the first time from fresh baked salmon and they turned out so good!We were impressed!We split a baked sweet potato and Aldi's had asparagus on sale so I steamed that with butter and lemon.So good!Also made a moonlight cake...first time ever...turned out beautiful and delicious!Great day in the kitchen!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sourdough artisan bread
Bread usually has protein in it.

Rick dearly loves pineapple stuffing
That sounds amazing! Two of my favorites together.

those of you who are used to cold weather think that 50 is warm
That's me. When it hits 50 degrees I'll be happy. Hopefully in a couple weeks.

For lunch I had the same veggie sandwich as yesterday, but I broke up the cashews and it tasted so much better! I think nuts taste a billion times better when they aren't whole.

For dinner I had a French Vanilla Latte from McDonalds and leftover pumpkin french toast.
The latte was really weak. I want to try a Macchiato from Dunkin', supposedly those have a double shot of espresso in them.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got Pad Thai delivered and had them replace the shrimp with an extra fried egg. I was too tired from the stress I'd felt before bringing Puar to the vet today, and the fact that I wasn't feeling so hot myself, that I didn't want to think too hard about dinner.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got Pad Thai delivered and had them replace the shrimp with an extra fried egg.
Yummy! I hope you feel better.

For lunch I had a veggie sandwich with toasted Arnold white bread, mayo, hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, cheese, cashews, sunflower seeds, and some leftover roasted potatoes. It was really good with the potatoes!

For dinner I had veggie alfredo-- brown rice wakame noodles, mushrooms, cauliflower, peas, carrots, cannellini beans, alfredo sauce, shredded cheese baked in the oven. Hot sauce on top.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yummy! I hope you feel better.

For lunch I had a veggie sandwich with toasted Arnold white bread, mayo, hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, cheese, cashews, sunflower seeds, and some leftover roasted potatoes. It was really good with the potatoes!

For dinner I had veggie alfredo-- brown rice wakame noodles, mushrooms, cauliflower, peas, carrots, cannellini beans, alfredo sauce, shredded cheese baked in the oven. Hot sauce on top.
Thanks! It's Tuesday morning here, and I do feel better. Just a case of the monthlies! Your meals sound so good, I wish you could cook for me!

Tonight I have a facial appointment, so I'm probably just going to get something quick. Maybe another overpriced salad to-go. Hopefully this weekend I can restart my fridge and do some meal prep so I don't keep wasting money on salads I could just as easily make at home. I am just thinking that I don't think Puar would leave me alone long enough to peel chickpeas...if the weather is nice, might have to have a chickpea peeling picnic outside XD Does anyone know if they keep well in the freezer? Could cook and prep a big batch to make it easier in the future.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Also made a moonlight cake...first time ever...turned out beautiful and delicious!Great day in the kitchen!
Please? What is a "moonlight" cake...and why do I want one so badly?

Tonight? Not the first clue. Corn dogs with honey mustard, maybe. Something easy. Toe still very sore.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Please? What is a "moonlight" cake...and why do I want one so badly?
lizzie lizzie What she said!

Did our pork roast last night. For the stuffing, I sauteed chopped onion, a bit of celery, some chopped pecans, and some dried cranberries. Added that to a mix of whole wheat and cornbread stuffing crumbs. My BIL had given us some peach-apricot preserves that he had made and I brushed that on the surface, then spread the stuffing out. Rolled it up, tied it, and did it in the Foodi Grill on Roast. Yum! (We don't eat jelly or preserves on toast that often, but I love to see what I can do with them in my cooking. You never know.)

I have the pork carnitas in the crock pot; when it's done, I'll shred it and throw it into the freezer for later on. I was going to do the sweet and sour pork today and throw that in the freezer as well, but Rick wants it for supper tonight. I said we had just had pork (and pineapple, for that matter) yesterday, but he doesn't care. So sweet and sour pork over brown fried rice for dinner.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a bit more of the onion-heavy beef and broccoli stir fry. My next kit will be delivered to my home address instead of work. With the concerns over the virus, vendors and visitors have been banned from the company. Tomorrow I think I'll make some pasta.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie What she said!

Did our pork roast last night. For the stuffing, I sauteed chopped onion, a bit of celery, some chopped pecans, and some dried cranberries. Added that to a mix of whole wheat and cornbread stuffing crumbs. My BIL had given us some peach-apricot preserves that he had made and I brushed that on the surface, then spread the stuffing out. Rolled it up, tied it, and did it in the Foodi Grill on Roast. Yum! (We don't eat jelly or preserves on toast that often, but I love to see what I can do with them in my cooking. You never know.)

I have the pork carnitas in the crock pot; when it's done, I'll shred it and throw it into the freezer for later on. I was going to do the sweet and sour pork today and throw that in the freezer as well, but Rick wants it for supper tonight. I said we had just had pork (and pineapple, for that matter) yesterday, but he doesn't care. So sweet and sour pork over brown fried rice for dinner.
Moonlight cake is a type of angel food cake,only you use some of the yolks as well.It's an old fashioned type thing from the depression era...waste not,etc.I'll post the recipe in with the desserts.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ended up not getting anything last night and just munching on some iHerb snacks I had at home. Tonight, I'm not proud to admit, I'm getting Taco Bell. The beef crunchwrap set (ground beef is one of the only types of meat I eat occasionally...though I know, I know, can taco bell be considered real meat? lol)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Thanks much for the cake recipe! I am going to try it. I’ve made angel food cakes before; Rick’s mom was the Queen of angel food cake. She made them every chance she got and they were always wonderful. She showed me her tips for good AF cake.

Thanks again! It sounds like such a good cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.