+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Today
Brekkie Stouffer's Turkey Tetrazzini
not sure what I'll have the rest of the day

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skinless, boneless chicken breast spread with grainy mustard / brown sugar / ponzu sauce glaze before broiling. Potato cakes = shredded par-cooked potatoes mixed with beaten egg and flour, then fried up in large spoonfuls over moderate heat in cast iron pan. Fresh asparagus done in microwave steamer bags. Applesauce on the side. Quite nice all around.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't get the fridge cleaned out, so I didn't go shopping or "kickstart" my meal planning. Whoops. If I get my hours at work cut this week, then maybe the whole "saving money" thing will kick in.

Tonight I rode my bike to a place called Flapjack Pantry. THey do really good American-style pancakes all day. Had that, hashbrowns, and an Iced Americano. It was really nice, although a killer wind my the ride home pretty cold (it's only about 2.5km away)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I just pulled a beef roast out the crock pot that has been cooking since yesterday. It’s fall apart tender and the broth is rich and delicious. Most of it I packed in freezer containers but tonight I will have a juicy roast beef sandwich and some of the roasted carrots I made a couple days ago.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a large Ledo's pizza delivered with extra cheese, olives and onions. They have the best pizza around. I ate some small pieces and wrapped up the rest in foil and put it in the freezer. I have been craving pizza ever since they tried to starve me to death in the hospital. LOL

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fresno peppers
Huh. I never heard of that chili pepper. :think:

Morningstar veggie sausage
I have been craving vegetarian sausage. Not sure when I'll get to the store again though with this virus scare.

Ledo's pizza delivered with extra cheese, olives and onions
Yum! Sounds fab.

For dinner I had a falafel vegetarian meatball sub with Ragu veggie tomato sauce, shredded cheese, hot sauce. I still haven't figured out how to cook this falafel to my liking. They are mushy in the microwave. I'll try a frying pan next time.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. I never heard of that chili pepper. :think:

For dinner I had a falafel vegetarian meatball sub with Ragu veggie tomato sauce, shredded cheese, hot sauce. I still haven't figured out how to cook this falafel to my liking. They are mushy in the microwave. I'll try a frying pan next time.
Fresno chilis are the fatter red chilis that most people associate with general chili pepper (like the Chili's logo). They have a pretty decent spice level, and I love them for ... chili. :lol: Weirdly, the only place I can seem to find them consistently is the Asian market. Even the Mexican market rarely has them in stock.

I've never been a fan of falafel. It's just... a texture thing, I think. Plus, most of the ones I've had have been super bland. eh. I do like most other Mediterranean dishes.

Last night we had potstickers and stir fry veggies. I like simple stuff.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My meal kit is now delivered on Mondays to my home in a plastic cooler. Today's kit had two salads, a chicken pad thai, a veggie pad thai, and a grain bowl. Everything except the salads went into the freezer after I made space. I have 9 bags of the cats' raw food in the freezer 😳 I have another delivery next week (maybe? Things are changing frequently daily with the virus issue) and have no idea how to fit 3 of the items into the freezer unless I use up a bag of raw by then.

Anyways, I had one of the salads for dinner. It's a Greek-style salad. The olives got picked out :barfgreen: The other salad is sort of Irish-inspired.

Status
Not open for further replies.