What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The tray I had was waxy, it wasn't the right ratio of honey to comb. It's a billion times better in a jar.

It's just the comb, maybe a little bit of honey. The company sells jars of various local honey separately. Supposed to be great spread on cheese.

20191207_101228_HDR.jpg

I had a "Burbank" grain bowl from the meal kit. It was good :yummy: Quinoa, roasted veggies, and shredded chicken. I picked out the cherry tomatoes :barfgreen: I had leftover minestrone soup with it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...I went crazy on Wednesday night. Baked that strawberry cake, AND made the bacon-wrapped meatloaf, and OH MY GOODNESS! I'm giving the half a cake that is left away so that I don't eat it all (only had one slice myself, but a biggish one), and am having meatloaf sandwiches for supper tonight. I put a little bit too much salt in the meatloaf, but the bread really counteracts the salt, so the sandwiches are yummy!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you serve it cold on the plate?
I do serve the cottage cheese cold, right out of the container. I sometimes like a little seasoned salt, paprika or maybe pineapple on it, but it's mostly a way to get something else with less calories on the plate when we're working on keeping portion sizes under control.

Tonight was panfried pork chops, asparagus and canned green beans. We split a bowl of sugar free pudding .

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
SO...I went crazy on Wednesday night. Baked that strawberry cake, AND made the bacon-wrapped meatloaf, and OH MY GOODNESS! I'm giving the half a cake that is left away so that I don't eat it all (only had one slice myself, but a biggish one), and am having meatloaf sandwiches for supper tonight. I put a little bit too much salt in the meatloaf, but the bread really counteracts the salt, so the sandwiches are yummy!
Sounds so delicious! I've never had strawberry cake but I know I'd like it and I love meatloaf!

Nicole brought me a dinner from an Amish restaurant. Chicken, homemade noodles, mashed taties, and stuffing
all in one bowl. I had a few bites but will eat more later. Their portions are huge and everything is made from scratch.
The stuffing has a crunch to it.:yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...since I have a few slices of bacon left over from the meat loaf, I think I'll have bacon-wrapped hot dogs...WITH CHEESE AND ONIONS!

Next time I bake that cake (and there WILL be a next time), I'm going to make a Cool Whip icing for it...not as sweet as that canned stuff, and the fresh strawberries on top will really shine! Come fall, I'll use the same basic trick to make a caramel apple cake...I use a cake mix (for caramel apple cake, I use a spice cake mix), a can of apple pie filling that replaces the oil and water, and caramel icing. For that one, I use the icing between the layers because caramel.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Supposed to be great spread on cheese.
I don't think I've ever had honey on cheese. I'll have to try it.

Nicole brought me a dinner from an Amish restaurant.
I didn't know the Amish had restaurants. It sounds yummy.

For dinner I had a big dinner salad. As usual, I fit a billion things on one plate- lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, red bell pepper, cheese, cashews, avocado, lentils, sliced red grapes, croutons, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, jalapenos, deli hot peppers, a chia seed/flaxseed packet, thousand islands dressing, and hot sauce. 🥗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a turkey breast today. I took leftover sausage-cornbread stuffing out of the freezer this morning and will throw it into the oven (thanks LTS3 LTS3 for the help with the stuffing!), mashed potatoes with a bit of gravy, and some thymed peas. Apple dumplings for dessert.

I'm going to use the injector to inject a bit of Cajun-seasoned butter into the breast. Haven't used our injector in ages.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy : Thinking about you. How are you doing? :redheartpump:
I am as well. Hope you're ok! :hugs: I hope she's ok. The pain was really severe so maybe she is in the hospital?

EDIT:
Ellen hasn't posted since the 5th, saying she was going to the e.r. the following day and may have a partial
blockage. Wish we knew how she was doing.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No stewed tomatoes but I did make a big pot of pasta sauce,so today I made a big pan of focaccia and cooked some elbow macaroni and tossed it around with some sauce,made a small salad and called it dinner.Delicious!And leftovers!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took some pulled pork out of the freezer, defrosted and heated up, and served on toasted buns. Sides were corn fritters (left over corn from the other night mixed with a beaten egg yolk, some flour, egg white whipped stiff and folded in, then browned as small pancakes) and onion shreds (sliced 1/2 onion and soaked in milk for about 90 minutes, then drained, shake with flour, fry in oil.)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I roasted a turkey thigh and had some veggies with it. Lilith and I shared about half of the meat. She was on :cloud9:. Sophie didn't want any. She was stretched out on my bed having a snooze and didn't feel like getting up. I'll shred the rest of the turkey tomorrow and they can share it.

Status
Not open for further replies.