What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went meatless, lots of garden veggies and some brown rice and quinoa.
What did you use for the sauce part?

Last night I added 5 crumbled up vegetarian meatballs and a diced up slice of tomato into my leftover fettuccini alfredo and microwaved it for 3 minutes. I couldn't believe how good it tasted. I was expecting it to suck like usual. I guess I can create things. :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sunday night was taquitos, because I was feeling VERY sour creamish. And last night is still tonight, on my schedule, I'm just up way past my bedtime waiting on the exterminator. He baled on us last week. If he doesn't show today after me staying up, he may go from exterminator to exterminated in one fell swoop. Tonight, which is tomorrow night to me, is still a mystery. Maybe tuna salad sandwiches. I'll be Hek would go for some "tuna soup." She hasn't had any in a while now.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Publix had chicken thighs BOGO. I got 2 big packs for $8. I need to portion them out and freeze them. Some I will put in a marinade and some will be left plain so the girls can have some. I think some plain ones are in order for tonight. Some veggies on the side for me.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast- the Aldi knockoff of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal with 2 diced up fresh plums and vanilla almond milk.
Aldi substituted this cereal for my banana granola that I ordered. Not a close match. :headscratch:

Lunch- veggie sandwich- Aldi soft rye toasted, red french dressing mixed with mayo, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrot matchsticks, cheese. I loved the red french mixed with mayo! I also loved the carrots on a sandwich. I forgot to put on hot sauce!

Dinner- tried making a stir-fry again and it's getting better! Not perfect, but better. I'll keep experimenting. :thumbsup:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took half of those chicken thighs and marinated them in this

1599011569284.png

I cooked 2 of them today and they were really good. I wouldn't call it fiery but there was some heat. I had corn on the side. The girls had some plain chicken breast as a treat while I ate. The rest of the marinated chicken was wrapped into portions and frozen.

Status
Not open for further replies.