What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a huge compliment last night from my 19 year old. What I was making took a while to get ready for the oven and then had to be in the oven for an hour. I started making dinner at 4:30 to be ready for the oven by 5-5:15pm. Son sees me cooking so early and asks why. I told him that I had to brown the Italian sausage and make the sauce and it takes a while to thicken up plus the meal had to cook an hour. He told me that he was impressed I would go through all that trouble. Add on that it was one of his favorite meals that I make so bonus points for me now that he knows it's not just a dump and bake kind of thing. :woohoo:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Digiorno croissant crust. I was very hesitant to try it because I do NOT like their standard rising crust pizza at all. It was on sale so that's the only reason I grabbed one. It was much better than I thought and IMO the best pizza they make.
Second! I tried one last week and it was lovely. And I also don't care for Digiorno's regular crust.

Idk what I'll have for dinner. I haven't cooked anything in a couple weeks and I'm getting tired of sandwiches so I should browse the Instant Pot recipes and see what I feel like making.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wish I was the type of person who could just come up with a meal "on the spot" but I've tried that and come dinnertime, there is always a panic that ensues with coming up with an idea. I now plan my meal out a month at a time. That way there is no guessing on "what's for dinner" and my husband and kids don't have to ask. A copy is on the fridge.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had kids I'd definitely have to make a plan. Just for me, though, it's hard to find motivation to plan everything. I am trying to eat less processed food, so a plan would probably be a good idea though. . .
That was exactly why I started coming up with monthly meal plans. It always ended up being something out of a box, a can, or from the freezer. Now I do my weekly grocery shopping for the upcoming week's meals. Nothing goes to waste anymore. I've been doing it for a few years now and we haven't eaten anything out of a box/can/freezer since.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It’s my big 50 birthday. Crab legs and filet mignon are for dinner with baby green beans. But I must tread carefully the filling in my front tooth fell out this morning. I have to wait until Monday as my dentist is closed.
Happy 50th Birthday! :dance:I feel your pain, I had several dental appointments last week. I hope your special day wasn't spoiled by your filling falling out. Were you able to see your dentist on Monday?

I had spinach lasagna for dinner last night over spinach leaves - can't get enough of the green veggies. ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I grilled a ham steak,sliced a couple of tomatoes and made Pam's melting potatoes.Pam!they are to die for!Dinner was wonderful!
lizzie lizzie Those potatoes are yummy! I'm glad you like them, too!

Last night, I took kielbasa out of the freezer (my BIL made it). It was nice and spicy. I sauteed the onions and peppers first, then added sliced potatoes to the mix. Then I added the sliced kielbasa. A wee bit of beef broth to the mix, a handful or two of frozen peas, and about 30 minutes later, dinner was served. I told Rick to just consider it a hash. You know, it wasn't bad, considering I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel with dinner ideas and literally threw it together. With some coleslaw on the side and iced tea. We've been so spoiled with our BIL's sausage and kielbasa; it's so delicious. The store stuff just can't compare.

Tonight will either be spaghetti or BLTs. Or simple grilled cheese. Haven't decided yet. It's going to be in the 90s again today, so whatever is easiest works.

Status
Not open for further replies.