What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to make French Chicken with Vinegar last night for dinner. However, when I was pureeing tomatoes yesterday, Dear Richard came in from the garden and asked me how hard it would be to make tomato soup. He just loves tomato soup and, when he has a toasted cheese sandwich to dunk into his soup, he's one happy man. I hate tomato soup with a passion; I've never liked it. So I asked Rick if he wanted tomato soup and a sandwich for supper and he agreed. And that's what he had. He loved it; it's been ages since he had tomato soup. Me? I was happy with my toasted cheese sandwich. He has enough soup for his lunch today.

Tonight's dinner will be red beans and rice from the crock pot with a simple chopped salad. And Thursday, we'll have the chicken with vinegar.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night was Spam. Thinly sliced and done in the air fryer until it was crisp. Dipped in some real maple syrup. YUM. Lilith wanted some. She did not get any and was not pleased. It was the low sodium kind but she still wasn't allowed to have any. Tonight I will roast a plain chicken leg quarter and the three of us will share that. I'll have some kind of veggie with it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to make a short run to town so dinner was at Sonic.Been a long time since I've had a corndog and an orange cream slush.He had a cheese burger,tots and a small tea.Had follow up doctor appts. this morning and the did a draw to check his a1c...6.0!Yay!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast- finished the Honey Bunches of Oats vanilla almond granola, small diced apple, 2% cow milk
This brand of granola wasn't very good.

Lunch- I had a fabulous sandwich! Great Value NY rye bread toasted, mayo, hot sauce, Swiss Chard, tomato, onion, cucumber, raw green beans, cheese. I liked the raw green beans on my sandwich! I snapped them into small pieces.

Dinner- Don't ask. Another failed stir-fry attempt. Had this burnt salty taste. I was trying to get it crispy. Guess I'll have to start following recipes.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dinner- Don't ask. Another failed stir-fry attempt. Had this burnt salty taste. I was trying to get it crispy. Guess I'll have to start following recipes.
Would it help to get a stir fry kit? There are many varieties out there, here's one for example:
Taylor Farms Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Kit, 14 oz. - Walmart.com

We'e having veggie quinoa burgers, one of our old standbys with roasted red pepper hummus, tomato, spinach leaves, green peppers and swiss cheese. I'm not sure about dessert yet but it will be some type of fruit.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Used up the rest of the meatloaf for dinner tonight along with oven fries and buttered peas.I actually broke down and had a small piece of comb honey for dessert.I felt bad sitting there in front of him,but he had a teaspoon of the honey,which is allowed once in awhile, so that was okay.Good stuff!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would it help to get a stir fry kit? There are many varieties out there, here's one for example:
Taylor Farms Ginger Garlic Stir Fry Kit, 14 oz. - Walmart.com
Actually the directions on the back of that package help. It says I'm supposed to turn down the heat before adding the sauce?! I never did that. Maybe that's why it tastes burnt.

green peppers
Do you saute the green peppers or raw?

I actually broke down and had a small piece of comb honey for dessert
I love comb honey! I need to get some soon.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually the directions on the back of that package help. It says I'm supposed to turn down the heat before adding the sauce?! I never did that. Maybe that's why it tastes burnt.

Do you saute the green peppers or raw?

I love comb honey! I need to get some soon.
Try and find a local beekeeper...maybe at a farmers market.Just my opinion but they'd have the best and fresh.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That French chicken was so good last night and I didn't have to use the oven. Since I was doing the sweet potatoes in the Foodi Grill, I threw the chicken in there, too. I made the vinegar/wine sauce in my saucier, cooked it down, then spooned the sauce on the plates, placed the chicken on the sauce, then added another tablespoon of sauce atop the chicken. It's a keeper; even Rick said it wasn't bad....for chicken, that is. Recipe was from Cook's Country, but I winged it a bit.

Tonight, Dear Richard is the chef in the kitchen. We're probably having a Freschetta pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.