What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Leftover lasagna or frozen pizza, but first a cold beer or two, LOL. Not exactly health food, but I had a good day so I'm gonna cut loose a bit. Gotta get back to the ol' hacienda and check on the kittehs too, can't wait till I get the Internet at home and I no longer have to stop at the library for free Wi-Fi. At least the library is on the way home from work... I'll be with the kittehs in about three minutes!!! :petcat:

Beer in hand, four minutes, LOL. Cheers!!! :drinking:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover Asian food, i.e. tofu with mixed vegetables and brown rice. So yummy! :yummy: Honeycrisp apple and clementine for dessert.
I also ate some of my of my left over Chinese food last night. It was good but I got to wondering if my food was cooked next to an order of shrimp chow mien or some kind of meat order and the juices got into my order. It kind of made me sick and I doubt if I will eat anymore Chinese food unless I can go to a place just just sells vegetarian food.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had broiled skinless boneless chicken thighs that I had first brushed with a glaze of soy sauce, grainy mustard, and honey. Wide noodles tossed with sauteed mushrooms and red onion. Sliced celery and green peas cooked in a little water in a pot with the lid on. Himself had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I didn't want any.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I also ate some of my of my left over Chinese food last night. It was good but I got to wondering if my food was cooked next to an order of shrimp chow mien or some kind of meat order and the juices got into my order. It kind of made me sick and I doubt if I will eat anymore Chinese food unless I can go to a place just just sells vegetarian food.
I don't doubt that the food could have been cooked near a non-vegetarian product but did you feel sick the first time you ate it? If not, then it may have been something else, e.g. storage, how long the food was left out for before refrigerating it, the type of container used, etc., or maybe you were coming down with a touch of flu or something. :dunno: What I usually worry about is whether they use the same utensils when they cook non-vegetarian products and vegetarian foods. In any case, I hope you feel better soon and I understand your reservations about going to this restaurant again.:vibes::vibes:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor took me to the grocery store to do my shopping. We stop at Cracker Barrel and had dinner. I had a vegetable plate with broccoli, fried apples, mashed potatoes, cole slaw and a corn muffin. Not healthy but it was good.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a busy day, mostly indoors but some - did you guess? - outdoor stuff too. Wanted something easy for dinner. Pulled a container of pulled pork out of the freezer, heated up, served on a toasted roll. And rather than just corn I made corn fritters. Also so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.