What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I have your recipe for ramen noodle salad?
Ramen salad

• 1 bag cole slaw mix of cabbage and carrots without dressing
  • 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
  • 1 package ramen noodles uncooked, broken into small chunks
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 2 tbsp chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Whisk together oil, vinegar and sugar. Mix other ingredients together and then toss with oil/vinegar mix. Let it set for fifteen minutes then toss again and serve.

This does not keep well because the noodles get soggy. For smaller servings store the dry ingredients in a bag, cabbage mix and onions and mix new dressing as needed.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ramen salad

• 1 bag cole slaw mix of cabbage and carrots without dressing
  • 1/4 cup salted sunflower seeds
  • 1 package ramen noodles uncooked, broken into small chunks
  • 1/4 cup slivered almonds
  • 2 tbsp chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Whisk together oil, vinegar and sugar. Mix other ingredients together and then toss with oil/vinegar mix. Let it set for fifteen minutes then toss again and serve.

This does not keep well because the noodles get soggy. For smaller servings store the dry ingredients in a bag, cabbage mix and onions and mix new dressing as needed.
Thank you. That looks like it is easy to make. I love ramen soup.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a cider-braised turkey breast in the oven today, brined in apple cider and seasonings; as it bakes, it will be basted with a mix of cider and maple syrup. Amish Potato Filling, which is essentially mashed potatoes and a bread stuffing in the same casserole, baked until the top is just a wee bit crispy; it's delicious and always gets good reviews around here. Rick needs gravy, so I'm making that with a wee bit of apple cider. I'm thinking of just a simple chopped salad to go with dinner. A large pitcher of iced tea. And apple cider doughnuts for dessert. C'mon in; there will be plenty!

I really don't like drinking apple cider, but I do love to cook with it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I'm doing a cider-braised turkey breast in the oven today, brined in apple cider and seasonings; as it bakes, it will be basted with a mix of cider and maple syrup. Amish Potato Filling, which is essentially mashed potatoes and a bread stuffing in the same casserole, baked until the top is just a wee bit crispy; it's delicious and always gets good reviews around here. Rick needs gravy, so I'm making that with a wee bit of apple cider. I'm thinking of just a simple chopped salad to go with dinner. A large pitcher of iced tea. And apple cider doughnuts for dessert. C'mon in; there will be plenty!

I really don't like drinking apple cider, but I do love to cook with it.
That sounds delicious. I made baked mac n cheese Tuesday night and it's all gone. :bawling2: I just love baked mc n cheese...I've got some ziti in sauce to eat but it's not the same.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a cider-braised turkey breast in the oven today, brined in apple cider and seasonings; as it bakes, it will be basted with a mix of cider and maple syrup. Amish Potato Filling, which is essentially mashed potatoes and a bread stuffing in the same casserole, baked until the top is just a wee bit crispy.
Can I send my husband over? He would probably drool for that dinner. :please:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cobb salad.
It’s a lettuce, tomato, cuke, red onion, salad with grilled chicken, bacon crumbles, blue cheese crumbles, sliced hard boiled eggs and croutons. Dressing of personal choice. I personally will go with balsamic vinaigrette or regular vinaigrette.
Sounds like the perfect salad! Except I would choose Thousand Island dressing.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We finally had something worth posting about. Pork Loin made in the new electric pressure cooker. Roasted potatoes and carrots in the oven on the side. :)
My dear friend gave me her 8 qt pressure cooker as she got a new smaller one,and I have yet to use it.Never have used one before...I'm excited to try it!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Braised boneless venison haunch on a bed of carrot, celery, onion, small leek mirepoix, with a little port and red vermouth, and half as much red wine vinegar. Top with sliced onion and some strips of uncooked bacon. Cooked in a heavy Le Creuset casserole, lid on, 325 degree F oven for 90 minutes.

Sides were mashed potatoes and oven roasted beets. Dessert was individual plum cobblers. Must be autumn - Italian blue plums are available once again.

Leftover venison (deliberate, I plan for leftovers) will be hash or maybe pot pie. Or maybe both.

Status
Not open for further replies.