What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had tortilla chips with Mateo's Habanero Salsa. It didn't taste or look like salsa. It had no tomato chunks, just all ground up, and really salty. Ewww! Maybe I can cook it into something.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Their hash brown casserole is to die for!

Tonight...um. Well. Don't laugh, but fish sticks. I LOVE fish sticks. Top three favorite "quick and easy comfort foods" are hot dogs, fish sticks and chicken pot pies. And I just had hot dogs.

Now, here's a question, vastly out-of-season, but still...I wonder why grocery stores won't sell celery by the stalk (1 or 2) around the holidays? I'm not a big celery eater, and it's just me, and a bunch would go to waste, so I don't put it in my cornbread dressing (stuffing for you Yanks), but I do like to use it in there.
I used to love fish sticks when I was a kid. But I loved crab sticks the best. I wonder if they still make them?

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight...um. Well. Don't laugh, but fish sticks. I LOVE fish sticks. Top three favorite "quick and easy comfort foods" are hot dogs, fish sticks and chicken pot pies. And I just had hot dogs.
I love them as well!

Yesterday I had pasta salad for lunch and dinner. Way too hot for anything else. Grazed on fruit and cheese. Drank, lemonade, shasta sparking H2O, and Coke.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Odd. I’ve never had trouble finding celery by the stalk. I don’t use much, either, so I never buy a bunch, but I do want it in dressing at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Isn’t it sold by the pound? Can’t you just break off a stalk or two like you can with bananas, or would the produce police stop you? You could always ask one of the stocker people (or stalker people since we’re talking about celery :lol:).
Celery is priced by the s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ bunch around here. So larger or smaller, all the same price, which lately have been ridiculously high, apparently due to a shortage of celery from everyone doing a celery juice. Normally a s̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ bunch of celery is about $2.47. A couple weeks ago I paid $4.47, and that was the cheapest price I could find. One store was charging $5.99. Prices are finally getting back to normal now.
‘Startling’: The price of celery is skyrocketing in Canada. Blame cold weather and a celebrity food fad

Good one, "stalker people". :flail:

Edit: I meant "bunch" not "stalk"

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We can get celery by the stalk, but I'll usually just buy a bag of celery heart or some white celery. Not as bitter as the green regular celery can be. And then I use it as a dipper. Celery hearts are more expensive than regular celery, but then again, I don't throw as much of it away, so maybe the price evens out. When I do buy regular celery, I use the leaves in chicken soup, esp chicken corn soup.

Dinner? I don't know tonight. It's so blasted humid that I can't take it anymore. Probably just a salad. Or whatever Rick wants.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I MUST find a good local source of honey. You can't beat it for allergies.

Tonight...well, it's as hot as the devil's armpit here today. I think I'll just snag a couple of boiled eggs from the fridge and do egg salad for supper. Not even a sandwich. Crackers, maybe. Not as bulky.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My knees were really hurting these past few days so I had Chinese delivered tonight. I got Vegetable Lo Mein for tonight and Tofu and vegetables for tomorrow night.

I got some ice cream at the store the other day for desert. I wish I had cheese cake instead.
I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope you feel better soon.

I love vegetable lo mein. I love all lo mein though. Yum. Tonight I got a cheesesteak sandwich from Wawa with provolone cheese, sauteed onions, raw onions, sweet peppers and jalapenos. Yum. Wawa has good sandwiches.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you're hurting. I hope you feel better soon.

I love vegetable lo mein. I love all lo mein though. Yum. Tonight I got a cheesesteak sandwich from Wawa with provolone cheese, sauteed onions, raw onions, sweet peppers and jalapenos. Yum. Wawa has good sandwiches.
I never had a Wawa sandwich but the provolone cheese with onions sounds really good. I will pass on the hot stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.