neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We met friends for lunch today and I had yummy leftovers for dinner - I ordered 'Root Veggie Hash' which consists of roasted squash, sweet potatoes, apples, spinach, goat cheese and 2 scrambled eggs on top.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My 64th birthday was on Thursday. We're having my birthday dinner tonight. My sister and BIL are coming in as are some friends. I'm making a 4-rib standing rib roast with horseradish-mustard sauce and Yorkshire pudding. Mashed potatoes (for Rick, more than anybody), roasted butternut squash, carrots, and yams, and a salad with my version of Outback's Tangy Tomato Dressing. No bread or rolls because of the Yorkshire pudding. Dessert will be THE white coconut cake. I'm also making Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake, frosted with my whipped peanut butter frosting. Rick doesn't eat coconut and neither does my BIL. But they love this cake. And it's what I make for my GF's husband whenever they come for dinner. He lives for that cake.

And why am I making my own birthday dinner? Because I don't trust anybody else to make a standing rib roast the way I want it. I'm anal that way.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My 64th birthday was on Thursday.
Happy Belated to you! :bday:

We may go out, but the husband is on call this weekend, so it depends if he gets wrapped up in something on the computer or not. I have a few quick meals here, like an Asian salad kit with shrimp or soup from teh freezer, etc if that happens. So far this week I've made shrimp scampi with rice in the Instant Pot, Curried veggies with chicken over rice. Asian veggies with shrimp over rice and a chickpea pasta with spaghetti sauce and turkey Italian sausages.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My 64th birthday was on Thursday.
I'm also making Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake, frosted with my whipped peanut butter frosting. Rick doesn't eat coconut and neither does my BIL.
A very Happy Birthday! :party3: :party2: Sounds like you'll have a wonderful celebration with family this weekend.

I've made the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake before as a bundt cake and, yes, it is delicious. I used dark chocolate frosting on it. Enjoy! :yummy:

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bday: :celebrate: Winchester :celebrate: :bday:

I pulled ground beef and a jar of borracho beans out of the freezer, and made some fresh flour tortillas.

Tonight will be soft tacos. Feeling like I need to eat some colorful veggies, I may also steam some broccoli spears even if tacos and broccoli sounds weird. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.