What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Suzanne just stopped by with a perfectly ripened avocado, so...I'm going to mash the avocado with a bit of lime juice and a touch of corriander, grill a chicken breast on the George Foreman grill, slice that thin, and make chicken and avocado sandwiches. Thankfully, it's a small avocado.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Ended up with delivery pizza last night....a Black and Blue, with tons of blue cheese. There's enough leftover for lunch for us today. We probably won't eat much tonight for dinner. Maybe grab an ice cream cone.
Winchester Winchester oh my that sounds amazing! Yum!

This humidiy takes away my appetite. I had cheerios yesterday, Chef BoyArdee
Mini Raviolis :paperbag:. Couldn't finish them but a PBJ later.:clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Rick came home from running errands yesterday morning and said, "You know, we're going to Red Lobster this afternoon for an early dinner!" OK, works for me! The electrician left, we grabbed a quick shower and went out for dinner. Followed by an ice cream cone for dessert on our way home.

Remember that grilled chicken from last week? I got the other two quarters out of the freezer this morning to have for dinner tonight. I have a big sweet potato that I'm going to twice-bake to go with. And iced mint tea.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made sopes from that recipe @orange&white shared. Made half the recipe, 12 sopes, using a small pullet egg. I mean, how do you halve an egg? Portioned out dough (about 35 grams / sopes before baking.) Did half with chili, half with corn and beans. Very nice, but very filling, too much. Or do I blame that on the half of an avocado with lime . . .
Food_2019-07_sopes.jpg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was baked salmon topped with sliced and grilled lemon,onion and seasoned with sumac,homemade rice pilaf and grilled zucchini.Tonight we had boiled freshly dug Yukon gold potatoes,grilled pork chops and fresh pickled beets (he pulled a few,brought them in and I pickled them)....sooooo good!

Status
Not open for further replies.