What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. I forgot to thaw anything. NOT EVEN HOT DOGS! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??? Um...that said, I have boil-in bags of rice, and many cans of various beans, as well as okra, tomatoes and corn (it's a southern thing, and also good over rice), AND enough soup to float a smallish battleship. ONE of those. And a slice of Nutty Pudding Cake...walnut, with maple glaze. Made that for the very first time today, and can't wait to try it! Not sure it will be walnutty enough, but I did find a place to order walnut AND pecan extracts, so I can up the ante with the next walnut cake, as well as my planned pecan cake with caramel glaze.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I think tuna salad. Haven't fixed in it two forevers.

The cake turned out PERFECT! Very mildly sweet, and full of nutty goodness! No extract necessary.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

Pigs in a blanket molds!
Ha!!! I love it! Are you going to make some?

I had another smoked turkey sandwich, potato salad and a cherry lime sparkling water. Hannah made a coffee cake today so I'll have a piece later.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going light tonight, probably some zucchini and sausage for me but tomorrow will be a good traditional roast chicken, boiled carrots, sweet potatoes and some other goodies for everyone so I'm saving my appetite :crazy:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Are you making them? That's adorable! I want one, too!

Yesterday late afternoon, Rick and I were running errands (vet to pick up Interceptor (heartworm) for The Beast, CVS to pick up meds for The Beast and for us), so Rick suggested we stop at a local restaurant for a quick supper. I had gotten pasta sauce out of the freezer to make baked ziti last night, so I think we'll have that tonight. Either that or just simple spaghetti. Spaghetti would even work for Rick; he loves the stuff.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Are you making them? That's adorable! I want one, too!
I think I'm going to have to order it. And make them. They just look adorable! MUST HAVE THIS. Going offline again...cut my finger, and it HURTS! Tonight...hot dogs, but dreaming of little piggies in blankets...

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Leftovers. While I had the rice cooking, I started the beef mixture for a tater tot casserole for tomorrow. That way I can just pull the baking pan out of the fridge, add the cheese and the tater tots, and stick it right into the oven :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.