What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since we went to an Italian restaurant with friends last night I had leftover spinach lasagna tonight. I made a spring mix salad with zucchini and green onions on the side. DH bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's coffee, coffee, buzz, buzz ice cream for dessert. You know I had to have a taste just to check out the coffee flavor. :wink:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I just finished making a yummy batch of...
6896AACD-926A-4850-9947-7A6C36B89CC3.jpeg
No, wait. That’s the cats’ food. :lol:

Here’s ours. I haven’t added the curry sauce yet, but the veggies (broccoli, carrots, edamame, and mushrooms) and chicken are ready. Then I just have to make the rice and a salad.
23AFD7FA-62BD-42BB-9348-D3C770C46240.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is in minestrone soup? Mom always called it "stone soup" (her English isn't very good) and, for some reason, discouraged us from eating it:dunno:

I have leftover brown sugar garlic chicken but no more sweet potato fries :disappointed: I only had a handful left in the bag. I can make a pot of rice or quinoa to go with the chicken.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What is in minestrone soup? Mom always called it "stone soup" (her English isn't very good) and, for some reason, discouraged us from eating it:dunno:
Can't imagine why you wouldn't have been interested in eating a soup with stones in it. :lol:

Minestrone is basically vegetables, beans and pasta.

Here's the recipe I make. I use less pasta, though. And use bottled veggie broth instead of canned. And omit the cheese.

http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/zesty-minestrone-104589

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cooked a few potatoes Saturday and just pulled a pint of pork and beans out of the freezer this morning. I'll have the last potato smothered with beans, and maybe make a pan of cheese-cornbread to go with it.

I'm down to lettuce and red onion for salad fixins'....need to shop again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.