What's For Dinner? - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
In the morning I had sourdough toast
Lunch was a small salad of Romaine, carrots and cabbage, premixed and washed but I always
wash just in case. ;)
Dinner was Wendy's again. Bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a Frosty.. still have the Frosty.
.🍔🥓🍟🍨:yess:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night's dinner was Shrimp Remoulade -- recipe courtesy of Mother Dragon Mother Dragon -- with thin, toasted slices of sourdough bread (bought, not homemade). It was wonderful stuff! While I didn't let the remoulade mingle overnight, I made it earlier in the day and stuck it in the fridge.

I took chicken thighs out of the freezer yesterday to make chicken corn chowder for Sunday night supper. I have a book "50 Chowders" by Jasper White and I really like his Chicken Chowder. Tonight I'm adding corn. To be served with Vermont corn bread, made with maple syrup. The recipe calls for a stewing chicken, but the thighs will be fine.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonigh...egg rolls
Now I'm craving spring rolls. I think those are vegetarian. I never know what to put on them, so I'll try the sweet chili sauce next time I buy them!

Tonight I had an egg salad sandwich
What do you put in your egg salad? Just eggs & mayo?

buttered whole wheat noodles
Did you just put butter on them? I have some whole wheat spaghetti, not sure what to do with it.

For breakfast I had a granny smith apple chopped up in a bowl with chopped pecans and ricotta cheese. The cold ricotta was okay, but it made me crave lasagna! :lol:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I'm craving spring rolls. I think those are vegetarian. I never know what to put on them, so I'll try the sweet chili sauce next time I buy them!:lol:

Spring rolls are usually just filled with veggies: shredded cabbage, carrots, etc. They don't seem to hard to make at home and you can use whatever you want for the filling. Stores sell dipping sauces but you can make your own. Google will find you recipes for spring rolls and dipping sauces.

I have leftovers for dinner tonight.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm craving spring rolls. I think those are vegetarian. I never know what to put on them, so I'll try the sweet chili sauce next time I buy them!

What do you put in your egg salad? Just eggs & mayo?

Did you just put butter on them? I have some whole wheat spaghetti, not sure what to do with it.

For breakfast I had a granny smith apple chopped up in a bowl with chopped pecans and ricotta cheese. The cold ricotta was okay, but it made me crave lasagna! :lol:
When I serve them as a side,just butter,but as an ingredient in a casserole,I use them as any other noodle,like when I make tuna noodle casserole.Whole wheat spaghetti I treat as any other pasta and put sauce on it,etc.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a Pink Lady Apple for brekkie, Nicole brought me 1/2 peck from the orchard.My second fave other than Granny.

Dinner last night

London Broil,
Green Beans
Baked Potatoes
Puff Pastries with cinnamon and icing

Helper is making bacon and eggs with sourdough toast about 10am. That will keep
me going a long time.

Not sure about tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
had a Pink Lady Apple for brekkie,

I haven't found Pink Lady Apples yet, but I'll look today when I go to town. I did have a Granny Smith apple for breakfast yesterday!

This morning for breakfast I had an Empire apple chopped up in a bowl with Walnuts and some sharp cheese. It was okay, but I wish I knew how to make cooked apples with melted cheese. I would rather have a hot breakfast I think.

For lunch I had my usual veggie sandwich, this time with salted cashews on it that were pretty good.

For dinner will probably get takeout or go to a diner!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was digging through the freezer and found one lonely veggie burger from a batch I made back in July, so thought I'd better have that tonight before freezer burn sets in. Will probably have a couple clementines00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for dessert. Oh, and Ruby says "hello". :catman:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't found Pink Lady Apples yet, but I'll look today when I go to town. I did have a Granny Smith apple for breakfast yesterday!

This morning for breakfast I had an Empire apple chopped up in a bowl with Walnuts and some sharp cheese. It was okay, but I wish I knew how to make cooked apples with melted cheese. I would rather have a hot breakfast I think.

For lunch I had my usual veggie sandwich, this time with salted cashews on it that were pretty good.

For dinner will probably get takeout or go to a diner!
How do you like your new diet so far? Are you getting tired of those veggie sandwiches yet? Are you feeling with the new diet?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will probably have a couple clementines
I think I have some clementines. Are they little tiny oranges?

How do you like your new diet so far? Are you getting tired of those veggie sandwiches yet?
I love being vegetarian! I've wanted to do it since I was a teenager, but for some reason was scared.... I love sandwiches, I never get tired of them. I got 3 different kinds of Arnold whole grain bread today- Whole Wheat, Oatnut, and 12 Grain.

Tonight I had McDonalds hot cakes for dinner. I have been craving them forever and finally bought them. I haven't had these since I was a kid. They were pretty good, but I could probably make better pancakes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i had a hot open faced turkey sandwich, and a slice of (canned) cranberry sauce. i'd roasted a turkey on sunday, saved some out for a few nights dinners, and have the rest frozen in portions. two carob cupcakes with whipped peanut butter frosting for dessert.

btw -- i had extra whipped peanut butter frosting a ways back, and i froze it. i thawed it and used that on the carob cupcakes. the whipped peanut butter frosting freezes rather well! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.