What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be making yellow rice (from a packaged mix), I add frozen green peas and frozen white corn and sometimes frozen diced green peppers. When it is about finished cooking I will add cheese, usually what is on hand. Jack cheese and American melts well in this.
That sounds delicious.

Sometimes I am able to find a frozen corn, chilis, black bean mix that is wonderful in this dish, too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white I'd use pecans instead of walnuts, but otherwise, that looks yummy! (I'm not a walnut fan).

I took a sick day from work yesterday.

I wanted comfort food. Texted with Rick and he suggested mac and cheese. That was our dinner last night. With fresh apple-cinnamon scones for a bit of dessert. I glazed them with a bit of glaze made with my boiled cider. Fresh apples, cinnamon chips, and boiled cider. Yum. Dear Richard ate three of them when he got home from bowling last night and put two more in his lunch today.

Brought the rest of the apple cinnamon scones into work this morning. They're gone. Didn't take long.

Tonight will be leftover mac and cheese. I may try Alton's fried mac and cheese tonight. Just because. Alton Brown's Fried Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mmmmm... Apple cinnamon:yummy: I have to track down some fresh baked apple cider donuts at the grocery store this weekend. It's on the web site as available now but I didn't find any earlier this week:sigh: Probably sold out by afternoon. I wonder if I can place an order for them:think:

Dinner is leftovers.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I just ordered online from Subway. It's so hard to choose! I had a $1 off coupon AND a gift card which made it FREE, which made me extra happy. :)

6-Inch Veggie Delite
Italian, Not Toasted, Swiss, Lettuce, Spinach, Tomatoes, Pickles, Black Olives, Red Onions, Jalapeños, Banana Peppers, Mayonnaise, Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Grated Parmesan Cheese.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Another of my "not very pretty" plates, but

BBQ baked chicken breast half
Small baked potato with herbed garlic ricotta/butter
Balsamic and brown sugar roasted petite Brussels sprouts
Toasted 1/2 a honey-wheat bun (which I nearly burned!)

Will you adopt me? And my girls? The Spouse can fend for himself. He told me before we got married that he could cook. Fake news. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.