What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Yes, they are bone-in thighs. I like them for more flavor than boneless. And I was wrong about glazing them with balsamic vinegar; I meant to say that I was glazing them with boiled cider (from King Arthur). And sauteing some apple slices. Apple season is here and I'm taking full advantage. I put chunked-up Grannies in my stuffing last night, too.
Ooohhhh......yyyyyuuuuuummmmmyyyyyy! Your house is also on the list!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Yes, they are bone-in thighs. I like them for more flavor than boneless. And I was wrong about glazing them with balsamic vinegar; I meant to say that I was glazing them with boiled cider (from King Arthur). And sauteing some apple slices. Apple season is here and I'm taking full advantage. I put chunked-up Grannies in my stuffing last night, too.

orange&white orange&white I have two large cast iron pans, already seasoned, that I'll bring with me. We can use them for pizza, too. Oh, I'll bring some lawn chairs, too! See, it works!
Yes. Bone in are better. I buy them and freeze them individually for the girls. I roast one and then shred the meat and use that with the juices as a topper to their wet food or as a snack. They love it.

I have no idea what's for dinner. I'm working late. Maybe a sub from Wawa

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I stock up on bone in thighs when they're on sale. Right now I have about 32 thighs in the freezer, portioned out 2 per plastic wrap so it's easier to take out what I need. I mainly use recipes that call for bone in thighs. Less slicing and prep work.

Dinner tonight is leftovers, one pot chicken with bone in thighs and spinach and carrots.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stock up on bone in thighs when they're on sale. Right now I have about 32 thighs in the freezer, portioned out 2 per plastic wrap so it's easier to take out what I need. I mainly use recipes that call for bone in thighs. Less slicing and prep work.

Dinner tonight is leftovers, one pot chicken with bone in thighs and spinach and carrots.
We order boneless thighs that are pretty stupendous, but the bone-in thighs are even better for flavor...AND...you can use the bones to make bone broth/stock.
No dinner for me tonight.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think we should all get together, rent a big van and go from house to house on TCS and eat dinner. A new house every night. That could mean some seriously good eating, folks.

I don't know about tonight. I have a small ham steak in the freezer that's been calling out to me. I also have some sausage in the freezer that I need to use up. Whatever will be breakfast for dinner. But again, omelets? Windowpanes? Pancakes? :think: Possibilities, possibilities.

I think I'm going with the ham. With a small omelet. With onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and a bit of baby Swiss cheese. Maybe some toast with my sister's strawberry jam. I think that works. Comfort food tonight and I dearly love breakfast.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If y'all had shown up yesterday with cast iron pans for pizzas, you would have gotten....hamburgers. :lol: I got home late and pizza was going to take 1 hour, but another hamburger was a 20 minute dinner. Anyway, there is "food" every evening, just not often what I was thinking about in the morning.

Pizza dough is in the refrigerator. Tonight will be pizza. Probably. :)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been making homemade pizzas using Naan bread. Made mushroom pizzas last night, and will probably have another one tonight, with some salad, before I put the leftover ones in the freezer for another day.

IMG_7791.jpg

I'll join in on the road trip, if there's room. But orange&white orange&white will have to vegetarian-ize meals for me. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'll join in on the road trip, if there's room. But orange&white orange&white will have to vegetarian-ize meals for me. ;)
Make that two vegetarian meals! But your Naan bread pizza looked so tempting that maybe we can borrow your idea. :yummy:
muffy muffy are you coming? We can always make room for another veggie lover.

Going out for dinner to one of my favorite Italian restaurants tonight. Will keep you posted........

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make that two vegetarian meals! But your Naan bread pizza looked so tempting that maybe we can borrow your idea. :yummy:
muffy muffy are you coming? We can always make room for another veggie lover.
Make that 3 vegetarian meals. I love Naan bread pizza.

Going out for dinner to one of my favorite Italian restaurants tonight. Will keep you posted........

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be making yellow rice (from a packaged mix), I add frozen green peas and frozen white corn and sometimes frozen diced green peppers. When it is about finished cooking I will add cheese, usually what is on hand. Jack cheese and American melts well in this.

Sometimes I am able to find a frozen corn, chilis, black bean mix that is wonderful in this dish, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.