What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
More roast chicken. I'm steaming some fresh cauliflower and had a coupon for a free package of heat and eat Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. I chose the long grain and wild rice.

I'm really wondering what type of chemical preservatives they put in rice that's pre-cooked, bagged in plastic, shelf-stable without refrigeration....with an expiration date of March 2019. I'll try not to think about that while I'm eating. It was free...so I have it. Probably not something I would ever purchase.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is! I have very plebian tastes in wine. Look, if something is made from a fruit, I really like to taste fruit. I have no use for very dry wines. I'd as soon drink turpentine. Which at least has a pine-y smell...dunno about the taste, though.
I like Arbor Mist too. The blackberry one is quite good. it's a good summery wine.

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom I'm with you on the peanut butter/sweet bread & butter pickle sandwich. On paper it shouldn't be good but it is- and yes. It must be the sweet ones.

I had some reheated leftover pizza.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 , i prefer peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwiches, over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. :D

well, i had my dessert, a slice of carob cake with carob buttercream, but haven't had my dinner yet. i've been running late on meals all day today. so i'll probably microwave a potato sometime during the overnite, top it with salt/pepper and some margarine, and call it good.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I have never had them with cheese but I will try it with cheese next time I have them.
When I was in high school, my mom had a recipe for grits au gratin, basically, grits baked with cheese. Yum. I hadn’t thought of it for years. I’ll have to see if I still have it! :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick said he wants the leftover chili tonight; there's enough for a nice-sized serving for him. I'm making salads for us: lettuce, green onion, 'shrooms, carrots, celery, sugar peas, tomatoes, broccoli, 1/2 of a zucchini, and corn. I have two ears of corn leftover that I'll scrape off the cobs and throw into the salad. There's a wee little piece of ham in the fridge that I'll slice and throw into the salad, too. I love salad in the summer.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll microwave a serving of kielbasa and scalloped potatoes, some chunks of canned pineapple with juice, and a 'banana split brownie' for dessert later in the evening. :D

i made the banana split brownies when i was using up that gallon of maraschino cherries a ways back. it has banana cream instant pudding (powder/mix), minced maraschinos, and carob chips in it. :yummy:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will make something I haven't had in a long time, corned beef hash. I have a can of corned beef on hand and last evening I bought yellow potatoes and a great bag of Vidalia onions for a wonderful sale price (I love how sweet and mild these are). I love days off when I can make something I haven't had in a while!

Winchester Winchester , the salad sounds heavenly!

micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom , the kielbasa is something I haven't had in a long time! Something I will put on my shopping list. We used to have kielbasa once a week when I was growing up, I loved it with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. Enjoy!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was in high school, my mom had a recipe for grits au gratin, basically, grits baked with cheese. Yum. I hadn’t thought of it for years. I’ll have to see if I still have it! :)
That sounds like my mom's grits casserole. Hers was just plain, with the cheese, but I go nuts and add all sorts of things to it...browned bulk sausage or diced ham, diced onions and/or bell peppers, broccoli floretes, crumbled bacon...I get a little crazy with it.

Tonight will be either chicken salad or tuna salad. It's just too hot to fool with much.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. That sure is unique. Ravioli as big as a pancake! Did you invent that or use a recipe?
Yeah, they're about 3" x 6". I made them the weekend I was futzing around with won tons and had way to much dough and too much filling. I got tired of the "intricacies" of rolling and wrapping won tons, and ended up with a bunch of these ravioli. Much less fussy!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
orange&white orange&white I love making ravioli! I don't make them nearly as often as I should. I've never tried using wonton wrappers, though. Yours look wonderful.

M maggiedemi I'm not Mamanyt1953, but I always saute my onions (along with thinly sliced green peppers, sometimes) for hot dogs and for brats. I think they taste better.

Not sure about tonight. It may a Digiorno's night, quick and easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.