What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I split everyone's unwanted and unloved cookie dough with you @Tobermorey. Waste no, want not. :p I don't buy many sweets, because I will eat a pure sugar diet and skip "real food" if I have sweets available all the time.

I was good and had a fresh peach with greek yogurt and walnuts for dessert.

...but I'm really craving cookie dough or ice cream now...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
going to my cousin's, again for supper.. This time chicken cacciatore!! yup, in tropical weather.. but they have central AC this year, and are making good use of it..

Wish my cousin's wife, would cut back on the amount she cooks, I am gaining weight. I guess she thinks I am a 'human garbage disposal"...

Seriously, No; I am very honored to be considered as an invite for supper.

This is after I take my volunteer shift at the rescue.. feeding and cleaning for 2 hours.. then a quick stop at TJ's for bread for supper, and a couple things for me... then home, throw clothes in washer, jump in shower...

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still on my Tex-Mex kick with the roast chicken. Used all the corn masa dough yesterday, so this morning I made flour tortilla dough.

The leftover chicken/cheese/salsa stuffing will go into some flautas for dinner.

By tomorrow, I think I'll be using more roast chicken in something other than Tex-Mex (an Asian or Italian entrée maybe).

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flautas are stuffed flour tortillas rolled up (like enchiladas) and fried to a crisp exterior. (Flautas means "flutes" in Spanish...and the rolls sort of look like little flutes.)

Taquitas are stuffed corn tortillas.

The only difference between flautas and taquitas is whether flour or corn tortillas are used.

Fillings can vary widely. I'm making "Flautas con Pollo y Queso" = Flautas with Chicken and Cheese.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not sure about tonight's dinner. possibly some fried eggs either with toast or some pancakes, or a microwaved potato with margarine, salt, and pepper, or maybe a peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwich. i'll have something, though! and later in the evening, i'll have a slice of carob cake with carob buttercream for dessert. :D

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not sure about tonight's dinner. possibly some fried eggs either with toast or some pancakes, or a microwaved potato with margarine, salt, and pepper, or maybe a peanut butter and sweet bread & butter pickle sandwich. i'll have something, though! and later in the evening, i'll have a slice of carob cake with carob buttercream for dessert. :D
Pancakes for dinner... :winner:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still on my Tex-Mex kick with the roast chicken. Used all the corn masa dough yesterday, so this morning I made flour tortilla dough.

The leftover chicken/cheese/salsa stuffing will go into some flautas for dinner.

By tomorrow, I think I'll be using more roast chicken in something other than Tex-Mex (an Asian or Italian entrée maybe).
I love Tex mex!:drool::drool:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your hotdogs are my pizza. I swear I could eat pizza every day. So many possibilities. I love the stuff.
Favorite pizza...onions and bell pepper. I'll bet it would be good with sliced hot dogs on it.

ut I'm really craving cookie dough or ice cream now.
So split the difference and get cookie dough ice cream! Why choose?

Hot dogs tonight. But last night was cheese ravioli, and the night before was lasagna. Friends came in from out of town on Saturday and took me to Olive Garden. I couldn't resist the "buy one, take one" deal! And there was this chocolate pie dessert thing...and a chocolate cocktail...and some very good Chianti (hey...free wine samples with entrees...NOT gonna say no to that!)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom --Peanut butter and pickles?! I love both, but didn't know they could go together.
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 --I love all those things you mentioned- Olive Garden, Lasagna, Ravioli, Chianti. It sounds like you had a great week. :)
Winchester Winchester --Chili sounds great! You guys give me so many cooking ideas, I love this thread.
orange&white orange&white --Looks delicious! Can veggies be added to those though, or would that make them overstuffed?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi -- oh yes! peanut butter and pickles...:cloud9: my favorite is peanut butter with sweet bread & butter pickles, though i do like peanut butter with dill pickle slices too.

my dinner plans have...formed now. i'm planning on having a smoked turkey (cold cuts) with margarine sandwich later this evening. some sliced cucumber with blue cheese salad dressing, and a slice of carob cake with carob buttercream for dessert. :yummy:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took a big ham slice from the freezer last night. I think we'll divide it in half and do half on the grill tonight along with......corn fritters! The posts a ways back made us hungry for corn fritters and they go well with ham. It's been ages since we had corn fritters. With maple syrup. :yummy:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is! I have very plebian tastes in wine. Look, if something is made from a fruit, I really like to taste fruit. I have no use for very dry wines. I'd as soon drink turpentine. Which at least has a pine-y smell...dunno about the taste, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.