What's For Dinner? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
orange&white orange&white I love making ravioli! I don't make them nearly as often as I should. I've never tried using wonton wrappers, though. Yours look wonderful.

M maggiedemi I'm not Mamanyt1953, but I always saute my onions (along with thinly sliced green peppers, sometimes) for hot dogs and for brats. I think they taste better.

Not sure about tonight. It may a Digiorno's night, quick and easy.
It was wonton dough from scratch...which is amazingly identical to egg pasta dough for Italian pastas.

The thing with the wontons is the dough has to be rolled out "paper thin" for the delicate results, and they tear, stick to the counter, and are just all-round fiddly. Pre-made wonton wrappers would have been much easier, and probably could be used for ravioli. :idea:

Rolling nice thicker sheets from the same dough for ravioli was much easier. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 -- do you ever put sautéed onions on your hotdogs? I was thinking the onions would taste better cooked.
I don't, but simply because the hot dogs are 3 minutes from hunger pang to supper. However, I do microwave them, so the onions are slightly cooked down into the cheese (slice or sprinkle of cheese, onions, then hot dog on top). I'll bet the sauteed onions would be wonderful, especially with a rich, smokey cheese, maybe a smoked gouda...hmmmmmmm...

HOLY OH MY GOOD GRIEF! I'm now drooling on my keyboard!

Tonight, pinto beans and rice.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I'm eating dinner tonight. I don't feel so good. My dad and I have been eating bacon on the grill all day and I think we overdid it. I don't care if I ever see another piece of bacon again. :eek2:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't posted in this section for awhile but had a wonderful dinner last night with friends at Roti, a Mediterranean restaurant. I have never been there before but since they had a lot of veggie options I indulged myself. Check out their menu: Home - Roti Modern Mediterranean
That looks really good. I wish we had one near me.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the last serving (that's thawed) of kielbasa and scalloped potatoes, some canned pineapple chunks in juice, a very thin sliced piece of bread with margarine (i manually slice my loaves of bread, and sometimes i'll have a slice that's cut extra thin or similar), and a banana split brownie for dessert -- later in the evening. :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Baked chicken thighs of some sort. Not sure if I want to do a simple salt / pepper / butter / maybe herbs or do lemon-tumeric again.
LOL, I first read that as "Baby chicken thighs," and thought...gee, that's not much of a meal! :crackup::flail:

Spaghetti here tonight.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.